Culver’s Business Model Competition
The Culver’s Business Model Competition is the Center’s signature annual competition, providing the university’s most talented student entrepreneurs the opportunity to compete for seed funding and exclusive access to venture development resources.
The competition accepts ideas in any stage of development – from initial idea to already operational businesses. It is open to ventures led by any student or student team enrolled at UW Oshkosh (Oshkosh, Fox Cities, or Fond du Lac).
The 2020 Culver’s Business Model Competition was 100% virtual and consisted of a multi-phase process:
PHASE 1: Complete the online application. Judges will review applications and provide feedback. The top applicants will be notified if they are accepted into Phase 2 of the competition.
PHASE 2: Submit a video of your business model presentation. Each student entrepreneur (or team) will have five minutes to pitch their business model. Judges will determine the top three winners that will receive a share of cash funding and in-kind prizes.
Over $10,000 in cash and in-kind prizes will be awarded to the top three finalists! In addition, the top two finalists will receive a spot in the Titan Accelerator Program and the opportunity to compete in The Pitch. The overall winner earns the opportunity to compete in the WI Big Idea Tournament (WBIT).
1st Place: $3,000 Cash + In-Kind Services
2nd Place: $1,500 Cash + In-Kind Services
3rd Place: $500 Cash + In-Kind Services
In Phase 2, the People’s Choice Award recipient will be voted on by your peers via social media. Use hashtag #UWOBMC20 to join the conversation.
- Student businesses can vary from an initial idea to a concept that has been recently developed. All types of startups and ideas are accepted.
- Students from any college or major are welcome to apply.
- Must be enrolled at UW Oshkosh – Oshkosh, Fox Cities, or Fond du Lac.
- Prior winners are not eligible to participate with the same business.
- Application Deadline – Sunday, November 15, 2020 (at 11:59 p.m.)
- Announcement of Finalists – Wednesday, November 18, 2020
- Finalist Presentations Due – Tuesday, December 1, 2020
- Judging Period – December 2 – 13, 2020
- Announcement of Winners – Tuesday, December 15, 2020
Grand Prize ($10,000): Prexo
Abbie Merrill, Ian McDonald
A mobile app that allows for users to get notifications on executive orders as they are signed, engage with other users, and contact congressional representatives.
2nd Place ($5,000): TapTech Systems
An interactive, automated beer tap system with RFID technology that allows users to browse, select, and pour their own beverages without a bartender.
3rd Place ($2,500): Grace Farms
Kaila Vander Wielen
A long-term residential therapy farm for survivors of human trafficking. In addition to group and solo therapy sessions, residents will spend their time making soap and growing sustainably farmed, organic produce.
People’s Choice Award:
Divine Beauty LLC – Rebecca Dailey