Business Model Competition
Hosted by the Alta Resources Center for Entrepreneurship and Innovation at UW Oshkosh, the business model competition seeks early-stage ventures that demonstrate a market-tested ability to adapt to customers’ needs. It is open to ventures led by any student or student team enrolled at UW Oshkosh (Oshkosh, Fox Cities, or Fond du Lac Campuses).
Each student entrepreneur (or team) has four minutes to present their business model, followed by two minutes of Q&A with a panel of experts. The top three teams receive seed money, in-kind services, and placement in the Titan Accelerator Program.
Over $50,000 in cash and in-kind services! In addition, the top two companies will each receive a spot in the 2020 Titan Accelerator Program. The overall winner will earn the opportunity to compete in the WI Big Idea Tournament (WBIT) in April 2020. The People’s Choice Award is voted on by the audience.
Student businesses can vary from a concept that has been recently developed to an operating business in need of capital.
- Open to all students enrolled at a UW Oshkosh campus – Oshkosh, Fox Cities, or Fond du Lac.
- Prior winners are not eligible to participate with the same business.
Key 2020 Dates
- Application Submission Deadline – TBD
- Announcement of Finalists – TBD
- Presentation Workshops / 1v1s – TBD
- 2020 Culver’s Business Model Competition – TBD
The 2019 Culver’s Business Model Competition was held on Nov. 14. Student entrepreneurs pitched their business ventures to a panel of experts while competing for $50,000+ in cash and prizes.
Congratulations to the winners:
- 1st Place: Prexo, Abbie Merrill & Ian McDonald
- 2nd Place: Tap Tech, Dakota Swank
- 3rd Place: Grace Farms LLC, Kaila Vander Wielen
- People’s Choice Award: Divine Beauty LLC, Becca Dailey
Thank you to all that attended. We look forward to seeing you next year!