Teacher Education Program - Gateways
After admissions to College of Education and Human Services (COEHS)
After admission to the COEHS Teacher Education program, students should continue to take USP, education, and other courses in their major and minor. Download a planning sheet for the list of required courses. In addition, students should continue to visit their UARC adviser until they are assigned a faculty advisor After students complete at least 40 credits they will be required to meet with their assigned faculty advisor prior to registering for any additional coursework.
Students must complete the following steps prior to applying for student teaching:
- Completed or currently enrolled in all required courses.
- Wisconsin Foundations of Reading Test (FORT) (if applicable)
- Human Relations Requirement
- Individuals with Special Abilities (Usually completed in Special Ed 352)
- Diverse Students (Usually completed in EDLSP 406)
- If these courses were not completed at UWO, the student should complete the Human Relations requirement as described here: Human Relations Requirement
- Content Assessment (one of three options)
- Combined GPA of 3.0 or
- Passing appropriate Praxis II or ACTFL exam or
- Those who did not pass the Praxis II or ACTFL may complete a content portfolio to satisfy the requirement