Teacher Education Program - Gateways
Admission to the Teacher Education Program
To make sure you have the correct schedule of courses, please meet with your academic advisor and follow your Academic Advising Report.
Applications are accepted at any time and may take up to two weeks to process.
Access the application in Canvas by clicking here.
Students who have completed 26 credits, a combined 2.75, and the academic requirements listed in the checklist are eligible to be admitted to the COEHS Teacher Education program.
- Enrollment in coursework at UW Oshkosh during the term in which you apply.
- Licensure area is declared (visit UARC to declare your major).
- Completed 26 credits at UW Oshkosh with a combined GPA of 2.75 or higher.
- A grade of “C” or better in your USP public speaking course or equivalent.
- A grade of “C” or better in your USP math course or a math course required in your major (e.g., Math 110) or equivalent.
- A grade of “B” or better in your USP writing course or equivalent.
If you do not meet the requirements, have completed at least 26 credits, and have a Combined GPA above 2.5, you may be eligible for our admission exception process.
First-year and Transfer Student Application process
Direct Admission Program
The Direct Admission Program is designed to directly admit first-year teacher education and transfer students meeting specific criteria into the COEHS Teacher Education Program prior to, or during their first semester of classes. The Direct Admission application should be completed during your first semester at UW Oshkosh.
- High School or transfer institution GPA of at least 3.25+.
FOR YOUR INFORMATION
- Students who are not eligible for these options should use our standard admission process after earning 26 credits at UW Oshkosh.
- If you are unsure if you will major in teacher education, consider using the Standard Admission Process after earning 26 credits. The fee for your criminal background check will not be refunded.
- Students without a defined GPA may be admitted through an interview with the COEHS Director of Professional Education Programs. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.