Policies Under Review or Development
The following policies are under review or development, and campus feedback is welcome. Learn about each policy by clicking the policy name, and submit your feedback by following the link to the feedback form. If you have questions on the proposed policy, you may contact the individual listed for the policy.
|Unmanned Aircraft "Drones" Policy|
This policy establishes minimal requirements for the safe operation of unmanned aircraft systems and shall be a reference to ensure compliance with Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) regulations, state laws, city ordinances, and university policies.
As of: 08/28/2023
|Software Governance Policy|
This policy ensures that UW Oshkosh meets State of Wisconsin legal and policy requirements surrounding software purchase, use and renewal. This policy also establishes a set of measures to help mitigate information security risks related to authorized software.
As of: 08/28/2023
|Name in Use Policy|
The goal of the Name in Use-Identified Name policy at UW Oshkosh is to provide a consistent identified name experience across university systems and use of one’s identified name wherever legal name is not necessary.
As of 08/28/2023
|Data Governance||Feedback||Jennifer Bonack
Each of the new or revised policies will go through the following five stages.
- Discussion: Possible policy action announced and discussed at Leadership Council.
- Development: Policy team, as recommended by Leadership Council, drafts policy language in consultation with subject matter experts.
- Feedback: All constituents are invited to give feedback into the policy development and revision process.
- Recommendation: Shared governance groups vote to recommend action for Chancellor’s consideration.
- Decision: Chancellor makes final decision and announces to constituents and Leadership Council.