Office: (920) 424-2442
Media Line: (920) 267-0628
Media Email: email@example.com
Open Meetings Notice
Wisconsin’s Open Meetings Law embodies the principle that the public is entitled to the greatest possible information about government affairs. The law requires most government bodies to conduct official business in open meetings and to post in advance public notices. UW Oshkosh requires the submission of this online form and a second posting on a bulletin board near the meeting location, 48 hours ahead of the meeting time.
View open meetings and agendas on the Open Meetings Calendar. Visit the Academic Affairs website to learn more about the open meeting law and how it applies to UW Oshkosh meetings.
Abbreviated Listing of the Statutory Exemptions Allowing Closed Sessions
See the complete text in subsection 19.85 (1) of the Wisconsin Statutes) Section Abbreviated Description
- §19.85 (1)(a) case deliberation or hearing
- §19.85 (1)(b) dismissal, demotion, discipline; tenure action
- §19.85 (1)(c) consideration of employment, promotion, compensation or performance evaluation data
- §19.85 (1)(f) consideration of financial, medical, social or personal histories or disciplinary data; preliminary consideration of specific personnel problems
- §19.8 (1)(g) conferring with legal counsel (litigation-related items)