What Will You Do at Titan Takeoff?
- Meet individually with an academic advisor
- Schedule your fall 2019 semester classes
- Have your picture taken for your TitanCard (student ID card)
- Participate in a variety of orientation sessions to equip you to start in the fall
- Become more familiar with campus
- Plan to be on campus from 8:10 am – 4:00 pm. It is required that you attend the full day.
- Parents, guardians or other family members are encouraged to attend with you. The day offers sessions designed specifically for them too!
- You will be required to show photo identification upon checking in. Acceptable forms of photo identification include driver’s license, military ID, state ID card or passport. High school ID cards are not accepted. Information on how to obtain a Wisconsin state ID card can be found here.
Once you’ve registered for Titan Takeoff, click through the following boxes for all your details.
Confirmation Information including times, location and schedules
Check-in Time: 8:10 -8:45 a.m. (Program begins at 8:45 a.m.)
Location: Reeve Memorial Union, 1st Floor
End Time: Approximately 4:00 p.m. followed by an optional campus tour or residence hall tour
Parents and other family members/guests are encouraged to attend Titan Takeoff and will follow a schedule that has been tailored to meet the needs of parents and family members/guests of incoming students. Students and families/guests will have separate schedules for the day.
Click here for the Student Schedule
Click here for the Family /Guest Schedule
What Will I Need to Bring?
- Photo identification. Students who show an acceptable form of identification will received their TitanCard. Acceptable forms include driver’s license, military ID, state ID card or passport. High School ID cards are not accepted. Information on how to obtain a Wisconsin state ID card can be found here.
- Your UW Oshkosh NetID and password. Your NetID will be used to log onto campus computers and register for classes.
- If you have logged into the housing application, you have already activated your NetID. If you no longer have your NetID and password, please contact the Information Technology Help Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (920) 424-3020.
- If you have not logged into the housing application, please follow these steps to activate your NetID:
- Go to https://netid.uwosh.edu/changePassword/. Click First-time Activation.
- Your username is the first part of the Titan email account (everything before the @uwosh.edu). Your current password is your student ID number. Then create a new password following the requirements listed in the right-hand column.
- Money for family members and guest lunch tickets.
- A light sweater, sweatshirt or jacket recommended. The climate in meeting rooms can be cool.
- Umbrella is case of rain.
Directions, Parking and Lodging Information
Feel free to print a campus map for your visit.
For GPS directions, please use 785 High Avenue, Oshkosh, WI 54901
- Take Interstate 41 to exit 119 (Wis 21/Omro Rd) in Oshkosh.
- At the roundabout, follow Oshkosh Avenue east.
- Continue on Oshkosh Avenue just over one mile. Get into the right lane as you go over the Fox River bridge. At the first stoplight after the bridge, turn right onto High Avenue.
- Follow High Avenue to Lot 13, which will be on your right as you pass Kolf Sports Center (785 High Avenue).
- Parking is free in this lot for Titan Takeoff students and guests. A parking permit is not needed.
Important Parking and Travel Notes:
- Do not park in a restricted space. Overnight parking in this lot is prohibited.
- Accessible parking is available in Lot 15.
- No parking permit is necessary in the lots specified above.
- Visit projects.511wi.gov for construction information on Interstate 41 and other roads along your way.
Looking to stay in Oshkosh? Hotel information can be found here.
Affordable residence hall style lodging is also available right on campus! Rooms starting at just $30 per night. Staying at the Gruenhagen Conference Center includes access to our computer resource center, an on-site laundry room, on-site recreation room and shared bathroom facilities. Visit the Gruenhagen Conference Center website for more information.
Regional placement tests need to be completed at least two weeks prior to your Titan Takeoff day. You will not be allowed to schedule English and math classes without test results. If you have not taken these tests, please go here for more details including last-minute testing options.
Family members and guest meal tickets can be purchases at check-in for $6.25 per ticket (cash, check or credit card accepted; exact change appreciated). There is no student lunch fee at this time. The student lunch is covered through the orientation fee, which will appear on the fall semester billing statement in early August. This fee covers materials and staffing for Titan Takeoff and other new student programs.
Request a Titan Takeoff Date Change
If something has come up and the date you chose no longer works for you, review available dates and request a date change here.
If you have questions or concerns, please email us at email@example.com or call one of the following admissions staff members:
- Nicole Jackson: (920) 424-3079, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Stacy Dreweck: (920) 424-3970, email@example.com
UW Oshkosh Admissions
800 Algoma Boulevard
135 Dempsey Hall
Oshkosh, WI 54901
Hours of Operation:
M-F 7:45 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.