800 Algoma Blvd
Oshkosh, WI 54901
New Spring 2021 Students,
Select Your Titan Takeoff Date Today!
New Spring 2021 students who have secured their spot in the incoming class are encouraged to select their dates for Titan Takeoff. Click here to access our event registration! You will need your UW Oshkosh NetID and password to select your Titan Takeoff date.
Students admitted for Fall 2021 will receive information about Titan Takeoff later this spring.
Titan Takeoff will be occurring on the date you selected. Keeping your safety in mind, we have made the decision to move the Titan Takeoff program online.
We are focused on providing you with a positive advising, course registration, and orientation experience. We are working on the best way to deliver this program to you virtually and will share detailed information at a later date. If you have not already done so, you are still encouraged to register and reserve your spot!
What will you do on your Titan Takeoff date?
- Have an individual virtual meeting with an academic advisor
- Schedule your first semester classes
What can you expect before and after your Titan Takeoff date?
- Receive your UWO Guide in the mail
- Complete an online pre-advising session
- Submit your picture for and receive your TitanCard (student ID card)
- Engage with faculty, staff, and current students with sessions offered virtually throughout the summer
- Complete online orientation modules to learn about campus life, resources and services throughout the summer at your own pace
Please find additional answers to frequently asked questions below.
What is Titan Takeoff?
Titan Takeoff is your advising and registration day, also known as orientation.
How do I schedule my Titan Takeoff day?
If you have already secured your spot in the incoming class, but have not yet picked a date, you must schedule your Titan Takeoff day using the button located near the top of this page. You will need your NetID and password to sign up. If you do not know your NetID and password, please see the corresponding questions below.
I have already scheduled an in-person Titan Take off day. Now that it has changed to a virtual event, do I need to reschedule my date?
No, the date you have chosen does not need to be rescheduled. Instead of being an in-person event on that day, it will now be an online virtual event. If you would prefer to change your date, please see the question below.
How can I reschedule my Titan Takeoff day?
A link to cancel your Titan Takeoff day and reschedule a new date is provided in your confirmation email with the subject line “Your Titan Takeoff registration is confirmed for (date)”.
What will I do ON my Titan Takeoff day?
Approximately two business days before your Titan Takeoff day, you will receive an email with your appointment time along with links to two virtual meetings. One meeting will be with your Titan Captain, a current UW Oshkosh student who will serve as your student mentor over the summer. After meeting with your Titan Captain, your second meeting will be individually with an academic advisor who will help you register for your classes. Altogether, this will be about 1.5-2 hours.
What do I need to do BEFORE my Titan Takeoff day?
- Complete an online Pre-Advising course: Please use the button above labeled “Launch Pre-Advising Course and Resources” to begin the course. You must complete the course by midnight on your due date. Find the due date for your pre-advising course by going to the question below labeled, “What is the due date for my pre-advising course?”. As part of this course, you will confirm your intended major and complete a form that will help your academic advisor plan for your appointment. You will need to know any CAPP, AP or other college credits that you may have earned or plan on earning before Fall 2020, please have this information available prior to beginning your Pre-Advising course.
- Receive your UWO Guide at your home mailing address: This guide is full of information on campus resources and important dates. It also includes step by step instructions to use Schedule Planner in case you need to switch your courses after your academic advising appointment.
- Receive your scheduled time (including links): Approximately two business days before your Titan Takeoff day, you will receive your academic advising appointment and Titan Captain meeting time as well as the virtual meeting links. This information will be sent to your UW Oshkosh student email account.
What will I do AFTER my Titan Takeoff day?
Make sure to check your UW Oshkosh student email account regularly for updates and links for:
- A self-paced online orientation course
- Meetings with your Titan Captain, your student mentor for the summer
- Submitting your photo for your TitanCard (student ID)
- Sessions to connect with your academic college
- Sessions to connect with campuses resources
- Important university updates and more
Do I need to complete placement exams?
Due to the cancellations of placement exams because of the COVID-19 pandemic, we are no longer requiring students to take placement exams. Our academic advisors are working closely with our math, English and foreign language departments to develop alternate measures that will be used for placement into appropriate level courses. If you completed placement tests prior to the pandemic, we will have access to your scores and they will be used to help our academic advisors with course placement.
I don’t know my UW Oshkosh email account. What should I do?
Your UW Oshkosh email address was sent to you via email after you secured your spot in the incoming class by completing the process emailed to you. It was sent to the email account you provided on your application. Search in your personal email accounts for the subject line “Your Next Steps in the Admission Process”. If you do not see the email, please contact us at email@example.com. It is very important that you check your Titan email account on a consistent basis throughout the summer. We recommend at least 2 to 3 times a week. Also, be sure to check spam or junk folders.
I don’t know my NetID and password. What should I do?
Your NetID is the beginning of your UW Oshkosh email address (everything before the @uwosh.edu). If you have not yet created a password, you can do so by going to https://uwosh.edu/admissions/how-to-apply/freshmen/admitted-freshmen/activate-net-id/. If you no longer know your password, please contact our IT Help Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org or (920) 424-3020 to request a password reset.
Will I be able to choose the appointment time on my Titan Takeoff day?
Although you are able to choose your Titan Takeoff day, we are unable to honor requests for specific appointment times, as we would not be able to accommodate all students equally. If you have a conflict on your date, you may change your registration to participate on any of the other available dates using the link provided in your original confirmation email.
Who do I contact if I have questions?
If you have questions or concerns, please email us at email@example.com or call one of the following admissions staff members:
- Nicole Jackson: (920) 424-3079, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jennifer Werner: (920) 424-0309, email@example.com