Select Page

Contact Parking Services

Blackhawk Commons Lower Level
Phone: (920) 424-4455
Fax: (920) 424-0906

Office Hours:
7:45 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.

Parking Regulations

Permit Parking Only
Parking regulations are enforced year-round, even when classes are not in session.

Weekend Parking Rules
Parking in any legal, non-reserved space is FREE from 4 p.m. on Friday through 6 a.m. on Monday.

Driver Authorization Policy and Procedures

Driver Authorization is required for students, employees – permanent and temporary, and volunteers/agents whose job requires them to drive on university business. This includes using:

• a State or university vehicle,
• any rented or leased vehicle while on university business, or
• personally-owned vehicle.

Driver Authorization Application forms

All UW Oshkosh drivers (in-state or out-of-state) must complete the electronic online VEHICLE USE AGREEMENT form. Completing this form indicates the driver has read and understands the State Fleet Policy and Procedures Manual, and it informs the driver of the obligation to reveal any changes in the status of that license. The information provided allows the institution driver authorization agent to compare the individual’s driving record to the minimum standards for driving and determine if they can be authorized to drive.

Wisconsin License Holders
  1. Please complete the VEHICLE USE AGREEMENT for Wisconsin license holders.
  2. To log in at the first screen where it shows “Select Type of Employee,” be sure to select either “UW” or “Volunteer” as appropriate.  (DO NOT select “State.”) At the “UW Campus” screen, be sure to use the dropdown to select “UW Oshkosh.”
  3. You will receive an email notification once the request is processed.
Out-of-State License Holders
  1.  Out-of-State drivers must obtain a driver abstract (driving history) from their home state. This can be done by reaching out to their state’s Department of Motor Vehicles or the Secretary of State. There may be a fee for the abstract, and the driver is responsible for that fee.
  2. Once the driver has received the driver abstract, it should be uploaded along with a copy of his or her driver license when the electronic VEHICLE USE AGREEMENT is completed (see instructions in #2 above under Wisconsin License Holders). We are no longer able to accept the Out-of-State Driver Form UW Oshkosh Notarized Statement of Driving Record.
  3. The requested driver abstract needs to have at least two years of history and does not need to be notarized. If you have questions, please contact the Campus VUA Coordinator at
  4. You will receive an email notification once the request is processed.

 Minimum Driving Requirements

  • Must have a valid driver’s license (new residents to Wisconsin must obtain a WI driver’s license within 60 days of residence; 30 days if the person holds a CDL).
  • Must have a minimum of two years licensed driving experience.
  • Must be at least eighteen (18) years of age.

Driver Disqualification

  • Three or more moving violations and/or at-fault accidents in the past two years.
  • An Operating While Intoxicated (OWI)/Driving Under the Influence (DUI) citation within two years.
  • Expired license.
  • Suspension or revocation of driver’s license.
  • Possession of an occupational license only.
  • Less than two years driving experience.
  • License reinstated for less than one year.

General Information

Driving records of authorized drivers from the State of Wisconsin will be checked monthly.

Employee Authorizations:  Once approved, employees do not need to annually submit a Vehicle Use Agreement form.  Employee authorization ends when the employee driver fails to meet the minimum driving standards, when the Driver Authorization Agent is notified to inactivate, or when employment is terminated.  If an employee leaves and then returns, a new Driver Authorization Form will need to be submitted for processing.

Student Authorizations:  These expire annually on August 31, when the student driver fails to meet the minimum driving standards, or when the Driver Authorization Agent is notified to inactivate.  After August 31, a new Vehicle Use Agreement form will need to be submitted for processing.  Requests for extension past August 31 can be made by emailing

Volunteer/Agent Authorizations:  These expire at the end of the term of service or on August 31 of each year, whichever comes first; when the driver fails to meet the minimum driving standards; or when the Driver Authorization Agent is notified to inactivate.  After expiration of term, which is a maximum of one year, a new Volunteer Driver Authorization Form will need to be submitted for processing along with an updated Volunteer/Agent letter.


  • “Employee” – Officer, Staff, Faculty, Temporary Employee, Project Employee
  • “Student Driver” – University of Wisconsin currently enrolled students, including student employees.
  • “Volunteer/Agent Driver” – An individual other than a student or employee who is officially registered as a University Volunteer in the Office of Human Resources.

Check here if you want more information on the overall UW System Driver Authorization Process.

If you have questions about campus driver authorization, please contact the driver authorization agent by emailing