Recycling at UWO
All entities, public or private, commercial or residential follow the same recycling rules in Brown, Outagamie and Winnebago Counties in Wisconsin.
Please follow these Single Stream Recycling rules across campus, in academic buildings and residence halls:
- Please separate Cardboard from the regular recycling
- Break boxes down flat and set them near recycling bins
- Custodial staff will collect them to be baled
E-waste Recycling Collection March 28 and 29, 2023
Computer Monitors (CRT & flat), TVs, Light Bulbs, *Rechargeable batteries, **Alkaline and other Disposable Batteries, Dehumidifiers, Small and Large Household Appliances, CDs, DVD players/VCRs, Fax Machines, Computer Speakers, Digital Clocks, Digital Cameras, Digital Watches, Boombox Stereos, Headphones/earphones, GPS Devices, Printers, Scanners, Chargers (of all kinds), MP3 playersthis website from the WI DNRAdditional resource: Outagamie County Recycling material searchAll recycling for Brown, Outagamie, and Winnebago Counties is processed at the Outagamie county facility, so UWO follows their rules and policies. *Lithium batteries, small rechargeable batteries, nickel-cadmium, the small round batteries (for a watch) should be recycled. They should be stored so that the terminals do not touch (small batteries tape over the terminals) . **Regular alkaline batteries, dry-cell are permitted to be landfilled by the DNR. Questions? Contact Brad Spanbauer (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Troy Hart (email@example.com)For more info on how to recycle these items use
Plastic Film Recycling Collection on the Oshkosh Campus A friendly reminder of the locations for plastic film collection bins on the Oshkosh campus. Three bins had to be moved* due to significant contamination from coffee cups and other items:
- *Reeve: Drop off bags at Reeve Admin offices front desk (Reeve 104) or Bookstore front counter. Please use one bag to contain all other bags and plastic film.
- Dempsey: Outside of the Office of Finance and Administration, 2nd floor
- *Clow: near door 1, 1st floor (Algoma entrance)
- *Sage: Main Entrance (around the corner of the vestibule), 1st floor
- Eric Lab: Enter the building and turn down the hall, first room on the left (left of the door)
- Blackhawk: near Parking Office
- Halsey: Outside of the Biology Office, room 142
Please be sure to only use these bins for clean, dry plastic film. Review this list of acceptable materials. Large volume drop-off: If you have a large amount of plastic film, bags can be dropped off directly at Postal Services, 650 Witzel Ave, Door 1 (marked Mail and Document Services) Monday through Friday, 7:45-4:30. Also, these materials can always be recycled directly at stores such as Target and Festival Foods (collection bins near the entrances). We encourage you to consider ways to reduce your use of single-use plastics, including plastic bags. Thank you!
Sustainability Institute for Regional Transformations
800 Algoma Blvd.
Oshkosh, WI 54901