Campus Police provide a Safe Walk program on and around campus to prevent crime.
The University purchased an Action Trackchair for use by individuals on campus. An Action Trackchair is an all-terrain wheelchair.
Having this chair available provides individuals who require or benefit from mobility assistance the opportunity to join in on outdoor adventures and events that go off a paved path!
The UWO Action Trackchair can be checked out from the Outdoor Adventure Center at Student Recreation & Wellness Center!
Bike lanes along Algoma Boulevard and High Avenue provide quick, convenient access to class. We have many bike racks located throughout campus.
- For information about bicycle theft prevention, contact the University Police at 920-424-1212.
- The Student Recreation and Wellness Center maintains a bike repair shop and hires students to assist with repairs, maintenance, and upgrades.
- Students can also rent bikes and other equipment from the Student Rec and Wellness Center
- There are also two free-standing bike Fix-It Stations on campus to pump up your tires and do some repairs on your own, one by the mall entrance of Reeve Union, and the other by the Student Rec and Wellness Center.
UWO GO was officially launched for all UW Oshkosh students to ensure safe travel to and from areas on and near the UW Oshkosh campus during evening and early morning hours.
This service functions much like Uber and Lyft, but is FREE to all UW Oshkosh students. The drivers will be CSOs (Community Service Officers) who are students who work for UWO PD.
To use this service, follow these three easy steps!
1) Download the UWO Mobile application (if you haven’t already)
2) Click on “Oshkosh Campus”
3) Go to “UWO GO” to request your ride
For more information, check out the UWO GO site
RIDE THE BUS
GO Transit Buses
If you are a student who would like to obtain a 20-punch pass (current students are eligible for one pass every 30 days), stop by Parking Services with your student ID. (Displaying a TitanCard to a bus driver is not an acceptable form of identification for ridership.)
Tips for riding public transit:
Arrive at your bus stop at least five minutes early. Times shown are approximate and can be affected by traffic and road conditions. It’s important to wait for the bus at a signed location to ensure safe and effective service.
Amtrak Thruway Bus Service
Travel in comfort on daily connections that are available between UW Oshkosh, Milwaukee and Chicago. Students save 15% with code V307.
Lamers Campus Connect
Lamers Bus Lines provides a convenient daily Green Bay/Appleton/Oshkosh route (with connections to Fond du Lac and Milwaukee). A Wausau/Appleton/Milwaukee daily route is also available. The pick-up point is at Gruenhagen Conference Center.
MegaBus provides low-cost express bus service.
Check out their website.
Parking for Fuel Efficient, Hybrid, and Electric Vehicles
MOTORCYCLES and MOPEDS
- permits and parking for them is available from approximately April – November (exact dates vary based on weather conditions).View motorcycle/mopen permit options and rates Motorcycles/mopeds cannot park in regular parking spaces. Please use the designated spaces in the following lots:
- Lot 7
- Lot 13
- Lot 18
- Lot 34
- South Gruenhagen Area
- High Avenue Parking Ramp
Mopeds may park at bike racks but must NOT be operated on sidewalks.
The chargers are in two locations with two units in each location:
- First level of ramp – Schneider Electric EV chargers
- Lot 15 (across from Reeve) – WattStation EV chargers
Permits for charging stations are available for purchase in the Parking Services Office. View rates on the Permit Options page.
Alternative transportation options on and around campus.
UWO has a long history of helping commuters minimize their carbon footprint and save money.
- In 2006, the university began to convert the campus fleet to E-85 compliant vehicles, therefore phasing out gasoline-only vehicles.
- In 2006, the facilities department switched to a 10% biodiesel fuel mix for all vehicles and equipment that operate on diesel.
- In 2012, the UWO community logged 101,000 rides on Oshkosh City buses. Read more…