MASKS ARE REQUIRED IN ALL UW OSHKOSH BUILDINGS
An announcement Thursday by the CDC regarding vaccinations and mask wearing does not impact the mask requirements on our campuses or our Saturday commencement ceremonies.
On Saturday, masks will be required in Kolf Sports Center for all graduates, staff and guests, regardless of vaccination status. We are taking this step to protect the health and safety of everyone who gathers with us.
The CDC in its announcement said local mask mandates would supersede its guidance. The City of Oshkosh also has a mask mandate in place for public spaces through May 31.
Thank you for your continued attention to your community’s health and safety.
Commencement Guest Information
We recognize the importance that graduation holds for our students and their families. We are also aware of the enormous sense of pride that accompanies such a significant accomplishment. Below is information that will help you prepare for the special day.
- Event Date: May 15, 2021. Ceremony Times are 8 a.m., 11 a.m., 2 p.m. and 5 p.m. Learn more about the ceremony breakdowns.
- Tickets are required for ALL GUESTS. All graduates who RSVP’ed by the April 15 deadline will receive an email from our ticketing partner Eventbrite where they can claim and download their tickets. Graduates will not need a ticket to enter.
- Guests will need to connect with their graduate to get their tickets. Please print these tickets ahead of event.
- Upon entering the venue, all guests will be checked in via their printed out ticket. Please have your ticket ready at the door to ensure a quick ticket scan by our event staff.
- A limited number of spaces are available for wheelchairs and guests who are unable to climb or sit in the bleachers. A number of chairs can also be reserved for guests who would benefit from the services of our hearing impaired interpreter.
- Anyone needing a wheelchair or walking aid should bring their own as they will not be available due to sanitation concerns.
- An elevator is available for those who need help entering the upper gym.
If you or someone in your party are unable to climb the bleachers, please contact our office at firstname.lastname@example.org to request special seating arrangements.
Entering Kolf Sports Center
- Doors will open 45 minutes prior to the start of the ceremony.
- All graduates and guests are required to wear masks and practice social distancing.
- Everyone will enter the venue through the doors on the Pearl Ave side of the building.
- Please note: The High Ave doors will be locked and should only be used as a drop off location. Guests will need then to proceed around the building and enter through the Pearl Avenue doors.
- Upon entering the venue, all guests will be checked in via their printed ticket. Please have your ticket ready at the door to ensure a quick ticket scan by our event staff.
- Once checked in, guests will be directed upstairs to the fieldhouse. An elevator is available for those who need it. Event staff will be available to direct all guests. Once guests reach the fieldhouse, ushers will assist in finding seats.
- All able guests will be expected to sit in the bleachers and social distance themselves from other parties.
Parking and Directions
- Free parking is available in all university lots. Please do not park in reserved areas or in spaces for people with disabilities unless you have a disability permit.
- Learn more about parking and directions.
A professional photographer will photograph each graduate. Graduates will receive an email within a few weeks following the ceremony and will be available for purchase.
- The ceremony will last approximately one hour and will feature a mix of live and pre-recorded speakers which will be followed by the conferral of degrees when the graduates will cross the stage.
The commencement ceremonies will also be available via a live webcast. The webcast will begin promptly at 8 a.m., 11 a.m., 2 p.m. and 5 p.m.
- Once the conferral of degrees has finished, the ceremony and will conclude and all graduates and guests will be guided out of the building.
- Note: Upon ceremony conclusion, all graduates and guests need to leave the venue immediately. There is no mingling allowed in the space. Please make prior arrangements to meet your graduate somewhere outside of the building.
Culver Family Welcome Center
625 Pearl Ave.
Oshkosh, WI 54901