Alumni Success Stories
Read the most recent news and announcements for alumni.
Complimentary Career Services for the first year following graduation. Career & Professional Development offers access to Handshake accounts (employment database and resources) FREE for all UWO Alumni. *New to alumni, free access to Big Interview software. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Alumni can view position openings, upload resumes and cover letters, and create job agents in Handshake.
- A Handshake account also gives alumni access to My world Abroad (global skills development and research of international career related topics); Big Interview (online resource for practicing interviewing skills) and VMock ( resume feedback tool.)
- Alumni are eligible to schedule one-on-one career advising appointments for up to one year after they have graduated or taken a class.
- Alumni are welcome in the Career & Professional Development office on campus to use the computer lab or to get individual assistance with Handshake accounts.
- Alumni are invited to attend the Career Fair on the Fox.
- Alumni are welcome to attend Career & Professional Development workshops. Alumni may register for these events through their Handshake account.
- Recent alumni may shop the Career Closet by scheduling appointments up to a year following graduation by calling Career & Professional Development at 920-424-2181 or visiting our virtual Career Closet.
Library and Pool Access
- Alumni have access to Polk Library privileges. Get your library card at the first-floor circulation desk with your driver’s license or other photo ID that includes a home address. The library card entitles you to check out most materials and one hour of use per day on the second floor computers. You may also bring your laptop or phone and connect to our Guest Wifi with no time limitations. For further information about Polk Library, please contact the Polk Library circulation staff at (920) 424-7316.
- Alumni are eligible to use the Albee Pool after a membership is purchased for $25 per semester at the Student Rec and Wellness Center. An Affiliate TitanCard (different from a Alumni TitanCard) also will need to be purchased at Titan Central for $20 (one time fee) to gain access to the pool. Please bring your receipt for the pool membership to Titan Central to purchase the affiliate card.
Gruenhagen Conference Center invites alumni to use our conference center facility for lodging while you are back on campus for events, or in the Oshkosh area and needing reasonably priced accommodations. Please contact our Gruenhagen Conference Center Front Desk at (920) 424-1106 to set up a reservation between the hours of 7 a.m. and 12 midnight daily. Please identify yourself as an alumni guest. Upon check-in you will receive a small gift on behalf of the University of Wisconsin Oshkosh to welcome you back to campus.
Best Western Premier Waterfront Hotel & Convention Center offers 20% off Best Available Rates for UWO parents and alumni. Call (920) 230-1900 and ask for the UWO parent and alumni discount. This rate is not offered online.
Hilton Garden Inn Oshkosh offers discounts to UWO alumni. Call (920) 966-1300 and ask for the alumni discount.