Emergency Management and Fire Service Management Certificates
Grow professionally with our online certificates.
Students can choose between two separate Fire and Emergency Response Management certificates: Emergency Management or Fire Service Management. Enroll today in one of these five-course, 15-credit online certificate programs. Focus on the top leadership and management topics for the fire and EMS industry.
The certificate option is ideal for those not interested in earning a bachelor’s degree, or those who already hold a bachelor’s degree but still seek a new credential in Emergency Management or Fire Service Management.
The online Emergency Management and Fire Service Management certificates are for professionals who want to develop or improve management and leadership skills. The certificate is designed to benefit chiefs, assistant chiefs, captains, lieutenants, firefighters, paramedics, fire instructors and fire inspectors.
Emergency Management (Five courses/15 credits)
- FERM 365: Politics of Emergency Management
- FERM 366: Emergency Planning and Administration
- FERM 340: Introduction to Emergency Management
- FERM 341: Technology in Emergency Management
- FERM 342: Disaster Operation and Decision Making
Fire Service Management (Five courses/15 credits)
- FERM 351: Occupational Safety and Health in Emergency Services
- FERM 401: Fire Prevention Organization and Management
- FERM 402: Community Risk Reduction for Fire and Emergency Services
- FERM 408: Management of Emergency Services
- COMM 318: Intercultural Communication
How much will it cost?
Our tuition rate helps simplify the budgeting for your certificate. Tuition and fees are currently $389.72 per credit plus fees.
Fees are subject to change each year. This cost does not include the cost of textbooks and materials. Courses taken outside of your degree requirements may have additional fees.
How long will it take?
Thanks to our accelerated seven-week course format, each professional certificate can be completed on a schedule that fits around your personal and professional obligations.
Online Degree Programs
Lincoln Hall, Second Floor
608 Algoma Blvd.
Hours: 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.