Coronavirus Office Hours
The Counselors will be available Monday-Thursday 10:30 am - 2:30 pm. Fridays counselors will be available via phone call, email or virtual appointments.
Federal School Code
Scholarships are gifts of money that do not need to be repaid, provided the enrollment period is completed. Scholarship donors determine the individual criteria of the award(s), which may include financial need, merits and talents.
Scholarships count toward student’s overall financial resources. Federal regulations require scholarships be considered when calculating student’s financial aid award and eligibility. Therefore, scholarships may potentially reduce federal loans and/or work-study amounts.
In addition to the available scholarships posted on this site, students are encouraged to search using external websites.
Students and parents should be careful when searching for scholarships on the Internet. Please note that you should never have to pay to search for or receive scholarships.
The following are some common fraud warning signs and ways to report them to authorities.
- Must pay application, registration or other up front fees to receive scholarship information
- Redemption fee for scholarship that you allegedly “won”
- Have to pay a fee or invest in insurance, annuity or other in order to receive low-interest student loans or grants
- Asking for confidential personal information, such as your credit card number, checking account, calling card number or social security number
- Unsolicited offers
- Guaranteed scholarships
- Scholarship seminars as poorly concealed sales pitches
- Incomplete contact information (missing phone numbers or P.O. box)
Reporting Scams and Scholarship Fraud
Fill out online complaint forms from one of the following websites:
- Federal Trade Commission (FTC)
- National Fraud Information Center (NFIC)
- Better Business Bureau (BBB)
You can also contact the State Attorney General’s Office of your state. Wisconsin residents may visit www.doj.state.wi.us.
Hours and Location
Dempsey Hall, Room 104
Walk-In Hours: 10:30 a.m.–2:30 p.m.
Office Hours: 8 a.m.–4:30 p.m.
Friday: Available via phone call, email or virtual appointment with your financial aid counselor.
Financial Aid Office
800 Algoma Blvd.
Oshkosh, WI 54901