Apply to Graduate School
- May 1 – First deadline for admission and funding consideration (funding typically includes a stipend, health insurance, and out-of-state tuition waiver)
- Aug. 1 – Final application deadline, assuming there are still openings following the May 1 application review process
- Note: Applicants will be considered on a first come first serve basis following the May 1 deadline
Individuals interested in applying for University of Wisconsin Oshkosh’s Cognitive and Affective Psychology program must complete the following requirements.
- Complete online application for admission.
- A minimum of two letters of recommendation. Letters from faculty members of the Department of Psychology at the applicant’s undergraduate institution are preferred. When completing the online application for admission you will be required to provide the names and email addresses for your letter writers. Letter writers will then be contacted by the Graduate Studies office via email and will be requested to electronically submit the recommendation letter and form that will be provided to them from the Graduate Studies office.
- Unofficial transcripts of undergraduate and graduate course work. Official transcripts are preferred but unofficial transcripts will be accepted for evaluation purposes only. Official transcripts will need to be provided before enrollment in courses. All transcripts need be submitted to the Graduate Studies office (email@example.com).
- A personal statement (1000-1500 words) describing your reasons for wanting to attend the UW Oshkosh Masters’ program, relevant past academic experiences, your area(s) of research interest, and your future goals. If you know of a particular faculty member in the department with whom you would like to work with, please indicate as such and briefly explain your reasoning. This personal statement must be emailed to the Graduate Studies office (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Due to Graduate Record Examination (GRE) testing limitations during the pandemic, students applying for the 2022-2023 academic year do not need to submit GRE scores to complete their graduate application.
Candidates are notified in May regarding the status of their application. Applicants admitted to the program will be sent an email from the Graduate Studies Office informing them of their admission status in the psychology department and the university. Full standing admission to the program requires the prospective graduate student’s application to be approved by the Graduate Psychology Admissions Committee and the Director of Graduate Services. In some circumstances, applicants may be admitted under probationary discretion.
For information about applying for admission, contact the program coordinator or the Office of Graduate Studies.
Dr. Quin Chrobak
University of Wisconsin Oshkosh
Office of Graduate Studies
800 Algoma Blvd.
Oshkosh, WI 54901