Forms & Policies
Forms & Policies
The Office of Graduate studies policies have been designed and have evolved with the following goals intended:
- to facilitate the orderly progress of graduate students,
- to meet expectations of accrediting agencies, other graduate schools and the Board of Regents,
- to provide a common standard and,
- to encourage the development of quality programs.
A graduate student is responsible for how to find and being aware of the Office of Graduate Studies’ official policies. These are found in the biennial bulletin published in every even-numbered year.
Every effort will be made by Graduate Studies staff, program coordinators and assistants, and faculty advisers to aid a student in understanding the policies as they apply to each individual.
Should a graduate student encounter circumstances that necessitate a withdrawal from all courses in a semester/term, complete this online request form to initiate the withdrawal process. Be aware of the following about a semester/term withdrawal.
- Talk with the program coordinator/advisor about the withdrawal. The coordinator/advisor needs to approve the request. Only requests with details/documentation outlining extenuating circumstances will be given consideration for a refund of tuition/fees if the request is after a refund deadline.
- A withdrawal from all courses does not mean an automatic refund of tuition and fees. Please review the refund dates and restrictions on the Student Accounts/Financial Services website to know whether any refund is possible.
You can find information about student conduct here.
Course Grade Designations
Links containing (PDF) download a form for you to complete and send in. Other links are to online forms. If you have questions, please contact Graduate Studies, firstname.lastname@example.org, 920-424-1223.
Forms used by Students before Graduation
Forms to update Personal Information
You can update most of your information directly through TitanWeb.
- Address Change Form Change your home or mailing address
- Name Change Form Change your legal name or preferred name
Forms related to Classes
- Appeal to Repeat Form Repeat a class you received a C or better in, or repeat a class for the third time
- Drop Classes Form Withdraws you from your last class in the semester
- Graduate Special Student Form (PDF) Register for classes as a special student
- Independent Study Form (PDF) Approve your independent study course plan
Forms related to your Program
Forms for Students Approaching Graduation
Forms to Change your Plans
- Change classes in your previously approved Admission to Candidacy plans (PDF)
- Change your emphasis within your degree (PDF) For example, change emphasis from Biology to Microbiology
- Change your Academic Program (PDF) For example, change from Cybersecurity, MS to Social Work, MSW
Forms Used to Request Graduation
Dempsey Hall, Room 345
Office hours Monday–Friday
7:45 a.m.–4:30 p.m
Phone: (920) 424-1223
Fax: (920) 424-0247