Forms & Policies
Forms & Policies
The Office of Graduate studies policies have been designed and have evolved with the following goals intended:
- to facilitate the orderly progress of graduate students,
- to meet expectations of accrediting agencies, other graduate schools and the Board of Regents,
- to provide a common standard and,
- to encourage the development of quality programs.
A graduate student is responsible for how to find and being aware of the Office of Graduate Studies’ official policies. These are found in the biennial bulletin published in every even-numbered year.
Every effort will be made by Graduate Studies staff, program coordinators and assistants, and faculty advisers to aid a student in understanding the policies as they apply to each individual.
Should a graduate student encounter circumstances that necessitate a withdrawal from all courses in a semester/term, read this website and complete the WITHDRAWAL FORM to initiate the withdrawal process. If you have trouble accessing the form, log into Office 365 first.
Be aware of the following about a semester/term withdrawal.
- Talk with the program coordinator/advisor about the withdrawal. The coordinator/advisor needs to approve the request. Only requests with details/documentation outlining extenuating circumstances will be given consideration for a refund of tuition/fees if the request is after a refund deadline.
- A withdrawal from all courses does not mean an automatic refund of tuition and fees. Please review the refund dates and restrictions on the Student Accounts/Financial Services website to know whether any refund is possible.
You can find information about student conduct here.
Course Grade Designations
Links containing (PDF) download a form for you to complete and send in. Other links are to online forms. If you have questions, please contact Graduate Studies, email@example.com, 920-424-1223.
Forms used by Students before Graduation
Forms to update Personal Information
You can update most of your information directly through TitanWeb.
- Address Change Form Change your home or mailing address
- Name Change Form Change your legal name or preferred name
Forms related to Classes
- Appeal to Repeat Form Repeat a class you received a C or better in, or repeat a class for the third time
- Drop Classes Form Withdraws you from your last class in the semester
- Independent Study Form (PDF) Approve your independent study course plan
Forms related to your Program
Forms for Students Approaching Graduation
Forms to Change your Plans
- Change classes in your previously approved Admission to Candidacy plans (PDF)
- Change your emphasis within your degree (PDF) For example, change emphasis from Biology to Microbiology
- Change your Academic Program (PDF) For example, change from Cybersecurity, MS to Social Work, MSW
Forms Used to Request Graduation
Dempsey Hall, Room 345
Office hours Monday–Friday
7:45 a.m.–4:30 p.m
Phone: (920) 424-1223
Fax: (920) 424-0247