Forms & Policies


Policy Guidelines

The Office of Graduate studies policies have been designed and have evolved with the following goals intended:

  1. to facilitate the orderly progress of graduate students,
  2. to meet expectations of accrediting agencies, other graduate schools and the Board of Regents,
  3. to provide a common standard and,
  4. to encourage the development of quality programs.

A graduate student is responsible for how to find and being aware of the Office of Graduate Studies’ official policies. These are found in the biennial bulletin published in every even-numbered year.

Every effort will be made by Graduate Studies staff, program coordinators and assistants, and faculty advisers to aid a student in understanding the policies as they apply to each individual.


Appeals Process

Students interested in appealing an administrative decision or policy should follow these appeals procedureContact the Office of Graduate Studies with any questions about how to proceed.


Semester/Term Withdrawal

Should a graduate student encounter circumstances that necessitate a withdrawal from all courses in a semester/term, read this website and complete the WITHDRAWAL FORM to initiate the withdrawal process. If you have trouble accessing the form, log into Office 365 first.

Be aware of the following about a semester/term withdrawal.

  • Talk with the program coordinator/advisor about the withdrawal. The coordinator/advisor needs to approve the request. Only requests with details/documentation outlining extenuating circumstances will be given consideration for a refund of tuition/fees if the request is after a refund deadline.
  • A withdrawal from all courses does not mean an automatic refund of tuition and fees. Please review the refund dates and restrictions on the Student Accounts/Financial Services website to know whether any refund is possible.


Student Conduct

You can find information about student conduct here.



Course Grade Designations

Grade point averages are determined by dividing the number of grade points earned in courses by the number of credits attempted in those courses. Point values are related to the various letter grades as follows:
A: 4.00
A-: 3.67
B+: 3.33
B: 3.00
B-: 2.67
C+: 2.33
C: 2.00
F: 0.00
The grades of C-, D+, D and D- are not used in graduate courses. There are several other grade designations assigned to courses in special circumstances. For special circumstances, please consult the individual course syllabus or course instructor for details.


Links containing (PDF) download a form for you to complete and send in. Other links are to online forms. If you have questions, please contact Graduate Studies, , 920-424-1223.

Forms used by Students before Graduation

Forms to update Personal Information 

You can update most of your information directly through TitanWeb.


Forms related to Classes


Forms related to your Program

Forms for Students Approaching Graduation

Forms to Change your Plans

Forms Used to Request Graduation

International Applicants

Please see our International Applicant page for instructions and forms.


Social Work


Professional Counseling

Special Education

UW Oshkosh Graduate Studies

800 Algoma Blvd.
Oshkosh, WI 54901-8621


Connect with Grad Studies on social media!



Dempsey Hall,  Room 345

Office hours Monday–Friday
7:45 a.m.–4:30 p.m

Phone: (920) 424-1223
Fax: (920) 424-0247

UWO Guide