Forms for Students
For PDFs use Firefox and use the “Open With Different Viewer” option on under the Favorite bar.
UW Oshkosh Academic Amnesty Policy
Under this policy prior grades may be excluded from the computation of a student’s official cumulative grade point average.
- (a) Transfer, re-entry, or transfer re-entry students seeking admission or readmission to UW Oshkosh who have not earned a baccalaureate degree may be eligible for exclusion of grades, not credits or courses, earned five or more years prior to their current term of admission as a degree seeking student. This policy does not apply to graduate programs.
(b) If a student is not eligible for admission to the University with her/his incoming GPA, the student may make a formal written application to an Admissions Standards Consideration Team (ASCT) to invoke Academic Amnesty. The ASCT consists of a faculty member, an admissions officer, an academic advisor, and a Dean. The student needs to provide reasons for previous performance and information about current educational plans. The ASCT will assess the student’s record and application and consult with the student to determine the best course of action.
- Students who are admissible to the University are eligible to apply for application of this policy no later than the end of their first semester at UW Oshkosh.
- A student can apply for and receive Academic Amnesty only once. The decision of the ASCT is final. There is no appeal process.
- If Academic Amnesty is granted, all courses and grades taken during an identified academic term(s) five years before admission/readmission will continue to appear on the student’s record. If multiple terms are included in the granting of Academic Amnesty, the terms must be continuous. If granted, the grades of all classes in that term(s) will be excluded in the official GPA.The computation of the student’s official cumulative GPA will not include the excluded grades. Credit hours earned with a 1.0 (D) or better may be used to satisfy degree requirements, even though they are not included in the student’s official GPA. Academic Amnesty does not adjust the GPA and number of credits attempted and counted toward Satisfactory Academic Progress for financial aid.
- Academic Amnesty applies to admission to the University, not to particular programs. The colleges retain ultimate authority to determine admission to the college. Likewise, colleges retain the right to limit the number of repeated courses. If, after the successful granting of an Academic Amnesty application, a student achieves eligibility for admission to a program, a college cannot reject that student’s eligibility for admission.
- All other University policies (for example, UWO Repeat Policy) remain in effect and are not changed by the Academic Amnesty policy. Only the official GPA will be considered for eligibility for graduation honors.
*At the time of implementation of this proposal, currently enrolled students who wish to apply for amnesty on grades earned five or more years prior to their current admission as a degree-seeking student will have up to 2 semesters after the effective date of the implementation of the Academic Amnesty Proposal to be considered. This is a one-time-only opportunity for students enrolled at the time of implementation of this proposal. Current students have until the end of the Spring 2006 term to appeal for amnesty. Amnesty will not be reflected until the Fall 2005 semester (September 7, 2005).
- Academic Amnesty Application (PDF Form)
UW Oshkosh Repeat Policy
Students may repeat courses to improve their grade(s) on a space available basis at the time they are scheduled to register. They will no longer need to wait until 30 days before the term begins. However, students should check with their advisors to find out if their major has additional regulations on course repeats.
Each course may be repeated only once. Students may appeal that restriction with the department offering the course.
Students may only repeat a course if they have received a grade lower than C (less than 2.00). The most recent grade awarded will be used in the computation of grade point averages and credit earned. If a student repeats a course and earns a lower grade, the lower grade will be used in the computation of grade point averages. Although grades earned at other post-secondary institutions will be included on the credit evaluation and on the official transcript, the official UW Oshkosh grade point average is not affected by grades earned elsewhere (refer to the Official UW Grade Point Policy). Undergraduate courses repeated after graduation will not change the undergraduate cumulative grade point average.
Note: Although Titan Web will allow registration for all repeats of courses, students may only repeat courses with grades lower than a C (less than 2.00). It is the student’s responsibility to be aware of this policy and to adhere by the rules. Courses repeated with a C or higher will not be counted in any University academic requirements and flagged as such on the transcript. Any request to repeat a course with a C or higher (including Incomplete (I), Pass (P), Satisfactory (S) or In Progress (IP),) needs to be appealed to the appropriate college and approved before registration of the course.
Students should be aware that they are responsible for any cost incurred by registering for a repeat course that does not have appropriate approval. If a course is dropped at a date that results in a charge, the student is responsible for payment.
Graduate Students should contact their program coordinator or the Graduate Studies Office if they have questions about the applicable repeat policy for graduate students.
Change of Campus
UWO Campuses Student Guest Form
- Add/Drop/Time Conflict Form
- Internship/Research/Thesis Class Registration Form
- Cancellation and Withdrawal from courses
Change of Address
To Update an Address Using Titan Web
- Log on to Titan Web and click the Address link under Personal Information
- A list of your addresses on record with the university will display, with alternative links to make address changes at the bottom of the page
- If you want all of your university correspondence to go to the same address, click on the Home Address Link at the bottom of the page.
- To add a local address, click Add a New Type of Address link and proceed.
To Delete an Address Using Titan Web
- Follow steps 1 and 2 above
- A link to delete an address will appear only when you have local address.
- You can not delete a home or dormitory address.
Change of Name
- Change of Legal Name Form
- Please supply a copy of your driver’s license or legal documentation of the name change.
- Preferred Name Form
- Independent Study Form (PDF Form)
Other Student Forms
- Graduation Application
- Apply for Graduation through Titan Web. From the Student Center go to the My Academic’s page and use the Apply for Graduation link.
- Official Transcript Request Form (PDF Form)
- Residency Appeal Forms
- Please email the for information.
Dempsey Hall, Room 130
Mon–Fri, 7:45 a.m.–4:30 p.m.
University of Wisconsin Oshkosh
800 Algoma Blvd.
Oshkosh, WI 54901-8608