Student Health Advisory Committee (SHAC)
The purpose of this committee is to:
- Serve in a consultative capacity to guide Student Health Center policies, procedures, programs, and both long and short-range planning.
- Provide recommendations and feedback regarding available and/or potential services of the Student Health Center, as well as recommendations for campus-wide health promotion efforts.
- To enhance the health and well-being of UWO students and to provide an important avenue for students to offer input and assistance to the Student Health Center.
- The staff leadership is comprised of the Director of Student Health, a Registered Nurse and the University’s Health Promotion Coordinator.
- Student committee members will have the opportunity to serve as chairs for the following subcommittees:
- Assessment & Clinical Services
- Policy & Campus Outreach
- Additional specialty subcommittees if/when priority issues are identified.
- The committee uses data to inform services and programming and balances evidence-based work with the need for innovation.
- Recommendations are made based on the consensus of members.
Membership & Meetings:
- The committee is comprised of UWO students from a variety of different backgrounds, majors and co-curricular interests.
- Membership is open to all registered students.
Interested in becoming a Member?
If you are interested in health or health care administration, consider volunteering to serve on this committee. You will discuss and make recommendations about health policies, fees, marketing, budget, and more.
This is also an opportunity to network with other students interested in health. Refer to the Strategic Outline for more information on the Student Health Advisory Committee’s mission, values, purpose and operations.
If you have additional questions, contact:
Juliana Kahrs, Health Promotion Coordinator at (920) 424-4001 or via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Pamela MacWilliams, Director of the Student Health Center at (920) 424-0425 or via email: email@example.com
UWO National College Health Assessment
The National College Health Assessment is a national research survey organized by the American College Health Association to assist college health service providers, health educators and administrators in collecting data about their students’ habits, behaviors and perceptions on the most prevalent health topics.
CLICK HERE to access the Spring 2015 UW Oshkosh National College Health Assessment Data.
For University Employees, Faculty, and Staff
The Student Health Center is funded by student fees; therefore we do not provide general health care for employees.
We do however, offer the following services:
- Blood Pressure checks (no cost): Monday – Friday: 8 a.m.-11 a.m. or 1 p.m.-4 p.m.
- Hepatitis B Shots: Funded by the University for certain positions only.
Sexual Assault (SANE) Treatment Services
Advance Directives are legal documents that are completed by adults in advance of an illness or accident that would leave you unable to express your wishes. In Wisconsin, two important advance medical directives are the Power of Attorney for Health Care and the Declaration to Physicians (commonly referred to as a Living Will).
All individuals have the right to make decisions concerning their medical care, including the right to accept or refuse medical treatment and the right to formulate advance directives. The University of Wisconsin Oshkosh Student Health Center respects this right and will follow explicitly any such directive.
More information regarding these documents and forms can be found on the Wisconsin Department of Health Services website.
The Notice of Privacy Practices, Health History, and Patient Rights, Responsibilities and Consent for Treatment forms must be completed electronically prior to your appointment. These forms can be accessed and completed online at shcportal.uwosh.edu/forms.
If you would like a copy of the Notice of Privacy Practices or Patient Rights, Responsibilities and Consent for Treatment form for your records, you can print them using the links below:
The following forms may be printed, completed and submitted to the health center if needed:
If you would like to provide feedback about the Student Health Center, you may do so using the form below: