Early Career Opportunities
- Colony at the Paine
- Professional Development
- Arts Integrated Lessons
- ArtsCore School District Coordinators & Coaches
Theme: Arts Integration through Storytelling
ArtsCore Colony at the Paine will revolve around the theme of Arts Integration through Storytelling and will help early career teachers use storytelling and the arts to enrich and inspire their teaching practices. Storytelling connects to every discipline, every culture, and every era and will provide a rich base on which participants will collaborate and build.
Early career teachers (in their 2nd to 5th years of service) are invited to attend the ArtsCore Colony in teams. It is recommended a team of two to four teachers from a school enroll. Team members should be interested in arts integration as a means of engaging and inspiring students across the curriculum. It is recommended that at least one of the team members should be an art or music teacher.
What we offer:
- 4-day summer retreat
- 5 professional development days spread over fall and spring semesters
- Philosophy of the Kennedy Center’s definition of arts integration
- Networking, collaboration, and shared planning opportunities
- Mentoring available for implementation of ideas in the classroom
2022-2023 Program Dates:
- Summer Retreat: Monday, August 1 – Thursday, August 4
- Fall: Wednesday, October 5
- Saturday, November 12
- Spring: Friday, February 3
- Saturday, February 4
- Wednesday, March 15
What we will expect:
- Consistent participation by all team members.
- Sharing of curriculum developed through the year.
- Administrative support for the implementation of innovative arts integration strategies.
- Participation in pre- and post-evaluative questionnaires.
If you would like more information, please contact Donna Nelson, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Practicing teachers are invited to attend our annual Bridge Day and Arts Integration Symposium. Bridge Day is held in September, showcasing short, arts-integrated lessons. The annual Arts Integration Symposium features a keynote speaker and round table sessions presented by arts integration-trained teachers focusing on current educational topics of interest. Visit our professional development page for more information on these specific events.
Visit our Resources page to discover numerous Arts Integration lessons. These lessons have been developed and utilized in classrooms across the state.
ArtsCore School District Coordinators & Coaches
Interested in using arts integration in your classroom, but not sure where to begin? ArtsCore helps early career teachers step into the world of teaching and arts integration with support from coaches in ArtsCore’s partner schools. Early career teachers and their coaches are encouraged to attend ArtsCore professional development events outside of the classroom to broaden their teaching strategies.
If you are interested in working with a coach or would like more specific information in your school district, please contact your district ArtsCore Coordinator.
Renee Ulman, Appleton ArtsCore District Coordinator
Stephanie Gallagher, Appleton Arts Integration Coach
Annette Koepke, Appleton Arts Integration Coach
Renee Schumacher, Oshkosh ArtsCore District Coordinator
Krista Frenz, Oshkosh ArtsCore Site Coordinator