Colony at the Paine
ArtsCore Colony at the Paine revolves around the theme of Arts Integration through Storytelling which will help teachers use storytelling and the arts to enrich and inspire their teaching practices. Storytelling connects to every discipline, every culture, and era and will provide a rich base on which participants will collaborate and build.
It is recommended a team of two to four teachers from a school enroll. Having one of the team members be a specialist would be ideal. We do require the commitment of attending ALL the professional development days which are listed below. All events are held at the Paine Art Center and Gardens in Oshkosh, Wisconsin.
What we offer:
- 4-day summer retreat
- 5 professional development days spread over fall and spring semesters
- Philosophy of the Kennedy Center’s definition of arts integration
- Networking, collaboration, and shared planning opportunities
- Mentoring available for implementation of ideas in the classroom
2022-2023 Program Dates:
- Summer Retreat: Monday, August 1 – Thursday, August 4
- Fall: Wednesday, October 5
- Saturday, November 12
- Spring: Friday, February 3
- Saturday, February 4
- Wednesday, March 15
What we will expect:
- Consistent participation by all team members.
- Sharing of curriculum developed through the year.
- Administrative support for the implementation of innovative arts integration strategies.
- Participation in pre-and post-evaluative questionnaires.
If you would like more information, please contact Donna Nelson, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For Current Colony Participants: Resource Folder