Wisconsin Alliance for Composers New Music Festival
The Wisconsin Alliance for Composers (WAC) is no longer accepting submissions for its New Music Festival at the University of Wisconsin Whitewater on February 9, 2020 at 3:00pm. Note the different location this year. Selected works will be performed. Composers are encouraged provide their own performers. WAC may be able to provide performers if requested.
If you are looking for the 2022 WAC Student Composition Competition, click here.
• The call for scores is open to full-time residents of Wisconsin.
• The call is open to composers at any stage in their career (Elementary, middle school, high school, and undergraduate students should apply to the WAC Student Composition Contest).
• Every effort will be made to have a live performance of every winning work with a reasonable instrumentation and difficulty level. Works for 1 or two performers are more likely to be programmed than works for 3-6 players.
• Works under 15 minutes in duration are preferred.
• All submission materials will only be accepted in an email to John Mayrose (firstname.lastname@example.org).
• Each applicant may submit only one composition.
• Submit an application form.
• Submit one legible, anonymous score as a PDF. If the composition is purely electronic, then a score is not required. The only identifying information on the score should be the title. Do not include the name of the composer on the score.
• mp3 recordings are encouraged but not required. (MIDI realizations are acceptable)
• Submissions must be received by Monday, November 4, 2019.
• Composers of works selected for performance agree to attend the Wisconsin Alliance for Composers New Music Festival at the University of Wisconsin Whitewater on February 9, 2020 and agree to join WAC for one year ($25).
• A panel of judges will evaluate each score. The judges’ decisions are final. Judges may elect to choose any number of compositions for performance.
• Please email John Mayrose (email@example.com) or Jeff Herriott (firstname.lastname@example.org) with any questions.
WAC is a non-profit, tax-exempt Wisconsin corporation founded in 1984 to encourage and support the composition and performance of new music by Wisconsin composers.