Wisconsin Alliance for Composers New Music Festival
- Applicants must be full-time residents of Wisconsin at any stage in their career beyond the undergraduate level (primary, secondary, and undergraduate students should apply to the Student Composition Contest).
- Compositions will be will be accepted in two categories:
- Saxophone Quartet
- Other works for 1-5 performers or electronic music compositions. Composers are encouraged to provide their own performers for this category. If requested, WAC will try to find performers, but this is not guaranteed.
- Applicants may submit one composition.
- Submissions must be original compositions. Arrangements and transcriptions are not accepted.
- Works under 15 minutes in duration are preferred.
- Works will be selected by the conference host in consultation with the featured performers. These decisions will be final.
- Submissions must be received by Monday, November 7, 2022.
- All materials must be submitted using this application form.
- Submit one musical score as a PDF. Submissions for the saxophone quartet category must include a score and transposed parts combined into a single PDF. Refer to the Ancia Quartet Style Guide [https://anciaquartet.com/composers/]. Submissions do not need to be submitted anonymously.
- Submit one MP3 recording of a live performance or computer realization.
- Composers must agree to attend the WAC New Music Festival at UW Whitewater on April 16, 2023 and join WAC for one year ($25 dues) if their work is selected.
• Please email Jeff Herriot (email@example.com) with any questions.
WAC is a non-profit, tax-exempt Wisconsin corporation founded in 1984 to encourage and support the composition and performance of new music by Wisconsin composers.