Wisconsin Alliance for Composers New Music Festival
The Wisconsin Alliance for Composers (WAC) is accepting submissions for its New Music Festival to be held at UW Whitewater on April 16, 2023. This year, WAC is pleased to be partnering with the Ancia Saxophone Quartet.
If you are looking for the 2022 WAC Student Composition Competition, click here.
- Applicants must be full-time residents of Wisconsin at any stage in their career beyond the undergraduate level (primary, secondary, and undergraduate students should apply to the Student Composition Contest).
- Compositions will be will be accepted in two categories:
- Saxophone Quartet
- Other works for 1-5 performers or electronic music compositions. Composers are encouraged to provide their own performers for this category. If requested, WAC will try to find performers, but this is not guaranteed.
- Applicants may submit one composition.
- Submissions must be original compositions. Arrangements and transcriptions are not accepted.
- Works under 15 minutes in duration are preferred.
- Works will be selected by the conference host in consultation with the featured performers. These decisions will be final.
- Submissions must be received by Monday, November 7, 2022.
- All materials must be submitted using this application form.
- Submit one musical score as a PDF. Submissions for the saxophone quartet category must include a score and transposed parts combined into a single PDF. Refer to the Ancia Quartet Style Guide [https://anciaquartet.com/composers/]. Submissions do not need to be submitted anonymously.
- Submit one MP3 recording of a live performance or computer realization.
- Composers must agree to attend the WAC New Music Festival at UW Whitewater on April 16, 2023 and join WAC for one year ($25 dues) if their work is selected.
• Please email Jeff Herriot (email@example.com) with any questions.
WAC is a non-profit, tax-exempt Wisconsin corporation founded in 1984 to encourage and support the composition and performance of new music by Wisconsin composers.