Wisconsin Alliance for Composers New Music Festival
The Wisconsin Alliance for Composers (WAC) is is accepting submissions for its New Music Festival at the University of Wisconsin Oshkosh on February 27, 2022. Selected works will be performed on the festival. Composers are encouraged provide their own performers. WAC may be able to provide performers if requested.
If you are looking for the 2022 WAC Student Composition Competition, click here.
• The call for scores is open to full-time residents of Wisconsin.
• The call is open to composers at any stage in their career beyond the undergraduate level (primary, secondary, and undergraduate students should apply to the WAC Student Composition Contest).
• Works for 1-5 performers under 15 minutes in duration are preferred.
• All submission materials will only be accepted in an email to John Mayrose (firstname.lastname@example.org).
• Each applicant may submit only one composition.
• Submit an application form.
• Submit one legible, anonymous score as a PDF. A score is not required for purely electronic compositions. The only identifying information on the score should be the title. Do not include the name of the composer on the score.
• MP3 recordings are encouraged but not required. (computer realizations are acceptable)
• Submissions must be received by Wednesday, December 1, 2021.
• Composers of works selected for performance agree to attend the Wisconsin Alliance for Composers New Music Festival at the University of Wisconsin Oshkosh on February 27, 2022 and agree to join WAC for one year ($25).
• A panel of judges will evaluate each score. The judges’ decisions are final and may elect to choose any number of compositions for performance.
• Please email John Mayrose (email@example.com) with any questions.
WAC is a non-profit, tax-exempt Wisconsin corporation founded in 1984 to encourage and support the composition and performance of new music by Wisconsin composers.