The UW Oshkosh Public Administration Department, in collaboration with the UW Oshkosh Division of Online and Continuing Education, has been offering an online version of the MPA program since 2017 Spring semester. We are proud to have our first cohort of students graduating from the online MPA program in 2019 spring semester!
The online MPA program allows greater flexibility and access for students who cannot come to campus because of life, work, military and/or other commitments. Both traditional and online students earn the same MPA degree.
The online MPA program offers the same high quality curriculum that is a hallmark of the traditional, face-to-face MPA program. The majority of core courses are taught by accomplished full-time, tenured or tenure-track faculty members, who embrace a hands-on instructional approach.
- Take Advantage of the Easy-to-Use Online Learning Platform: All online MPA courses are built in the CANVAS instruction platform. Please visit this website (https://uwosh.edu/oce/current-students/canvas-information/) for CANVAS tutorials. Instructors use discussion feeds, videos, readings, and a drop box for assignments. Students receive advance orientation to successfully navigate the system.
- Experience Enhanced Classroom Discussions: The online discussion forums allow students to gain an in-depth understanding of course content. Using the interactive power of social and multimedia, students and faculty can marshal additional research to support points of view and expand on important topics.
- Improve Your Virtual Communication Skills: The online program offers the opportunity to build virtual communication and technology skills.
- Enjoy Learning Anytime, Anywhere: Students can complete the online course work from anywhere in the state, the country or the world with Internet access. In the online program, students work within program deadlines to prioritize their time and online classes are accessible 24/7.
- Get Your Degree Fast: Students can complete the online MPA program in as few as two years (please see the Long-Term Plan and Sample Plans for the online MPA Program with Four Emphases)
Applying to the Online MPA Program and Fees
Application Process and Requirements
- Prospective students should select the online MPA option and emphasis when completing the electronic application. You can apply online at apply.wisconsin.edu (please see MPA Admission Requirements).
- International students in the online MPA may take up to three classes (9 credits) in residence on the UW Oshkosh campus as part of the online program plan during their last semester in the program (either fall or spring semesters). They can also participate in the graduation ceremony that last semester. Students must obtain a student visa to take those three classes on campus.
- Diplomas for international students will be sent by mail. Students who wish to participate in person during the graduation ceremony in the United States will be sent an invitation to obtain a tourist visa.
Online Fees and Financial Aid
- The expected tuition for the online MPA program option can be found on the Student Financial Services website (https://uwosh.edu/finance-administration/student-financial-services/tuition-and-fees/) under Online and Continuing Education (OCE), MPA Online.
- This tuition amount is the same for in-state, out-of-state, and international students. The Minnesota Reciprocity and Midwest Student Exchange programs do not apply.
- Information about financial aid and other opportunities can be found on this website.
Long-Term Course Schedules