Bike and Ski Shop
Do you need help fixing your bike? Our Bike and Ski Shop in the Outdoor Adventure Center is at your service. Our mission is to serve student bike repair needs at an affordable cost and to help promote the sustainable bike culture on campus. We provide basic services to help keep your bike working properly. While our staff is trained to repair just about anything to a bike, we will often refer you to our off-campus bike shop partners for parts and major service work.
From Spring Break through Finals Week, the OAC Bike Shop is open:
- Monday – Thursday: 12pm – 8pm
- Friday: 11am – 5pm
Feel free during our open hours to swing by our back door. Ring the doorbell, and if we’re in the office, we’ll come let you in. Of course you can always drop us a line as well at firstname.lastname@example.org or 920-424-4453 to make an appointment for your bike.
Bike Shop Services
- Air, Safety Check/Quote: Free
- Flat Tire Fix: $10 (includes price of tube)
- Installation of Part: $10 (includes used parts if on hand – or you can purchase a part and have us install)
- Basic Tune: $15
- Brake Adjustments
- Derailleur Adjustments
- Headset Adjustment
- Cleaning and Oiling of Drivetrain
- Advanced Tune: $25 (includes full Basic Tune)
- Wheel True
- Part Install
- Additional Repairs: Advanced Tune + $5/30 min. of labor
Long-term Bike Rentals
In collaboration with the Office of Sustainability and OSA’s Green Fund, Student Recreation is proud to offer bikes for semester-long rentals for students.
Long Term Bikes are available on a first come/first serve basis. Stop in or email us at OAC@uwosh.edu to inquire on availability.
We offer single speed bikes from Fyxation out of Milwaukee are awesome for commuting or simply riding around town. We also have single speed mountain bikes for an all-terrain option! Rates:
- Semester: $35 (Due back Finals Week of Fall Semester or end of Interim of Spring Semester)
- Summer: $35
Of course our short term rental bikes are also available to students anytime the OAC is open. These are great for quick errands or fun trips around town. Rates:
Dero Fix It Stations
There are two Dero Fix It Stations on campus for your DIY bike repair needs. These stations include a tire pump with both Schrader and Presta valves, Allen wrenches, adjustable wrench, pedal wrenches and screwdrivers. On each station there is a QR code that you can scan to access helpful tips on keeping your bike running smooth. The stations are located near:
- Front entrance of the SRWC
- North entrance to Reeve (exiting toward the library)