Theme: Arts Integration through Storytelling
ArtsCore Colony at the Paine will revolve around the theme of Arts Integration through Storytelling and will help early career teachers use storytelling and the arts to enrich and inspire their teaching practices. Storytelling connects to every discipline, every culture, and every era and will provide a rich base on which participants will collaborate and build.
Early career teachers (in their 2nd to 5th years of service) are invited to attend the ArtsCore Colony in teams. Team members should be interested in arts integration as a means of engaging and inspiring students across the curriculum. It is recommended that at least one of the team members must be an art or music teacher.
What we offer:
- 4-day summer retreat
- 5 professional development days spread over fall and spring semesters
- Philosophy of the Kennedy Center’s definition of arts integration
- Networking, collaboration and shared planning opportunities
- Mentoring available for implementation of ideas in the classroom
- Reimbursement for substitute teachers as necessary
What we will expect:
- Consistent participation by all team members.
- Sharing of curriculum developed through the year.
- Administrative support for the implementation of innovative arts integration strategies.
- Participation in pre- and post-evaluative questionnaires.
Please contact ArtsCore@uwosh.edu with questions.