Grant activity during the fiscal year, including Sponsors such as the National Science Foundation, U.S. Department of Health & Human Services, U.S. Department of Defense and Americorp. Grant Awards made to the University begin when they are submitted through the Office of Grants and Faculty Development.
The Post Award area of Finance and Administration manages the financial aspects of awards, after they are accepted by the Sponsor and the University. The Principal Investigator (PI) is responsible for the programmatic work on the award and maintains their budget for the award.
Services provided by the Post Award area are as follows:
- Liaison between the PI, the University and the Funding Agency, to assist in managing the award financially, within the project period.
- Establishment of a new account number in the University’s financial system (WISER), from which the PI can view revenue, expenditure details and balances for the project.
- Preparation and filing of financial reports required by the Funding Agency.
- Submission of billings according to award requirements.
- Reconciliation of account for final close-out.