The journalism department’s advising program is intended to help you advance toward your degree in a timely, orderly fashion. Advising is mandatory in the Journalism Department and is the only way that you can register for most journalism classes each semester.
The advising program gives students an opportunity to meet with journalism faculty members one-on-one to learn about the department, courses and their prerequisites, internship opportunities and clubs. These meetings are also a chance to discuss your academic and career goals.
- All majors and minors in the department will receive email notifications about advising dates for the upcoming semester.
- The email will inform students when they may sign up for a 15-minute session during advising dates.
- Students may sign up to meet with the adviser listed in their Student Services Center, or any faculty member in the department.
- Students are advised to prepare for advising appointments:
o Review your curriculum worksheet(s)
o Look through your current course schedule for the semester being planned
o Review your advisement report before your appointment.
- See the department’s Advising Procedure for detailed information and guidelines about the advising process.
Forms for Advising
You can find various forms for advising in this area:
- Blank scheduling grid to fill out and bring to your advising appointment.
- Copy of Fall 2022 Timetable.
- Curriculum worksheets can be found at this link: https://uwosh.edu/journalism/programs/. Click on the program you are enrolled in (Multimedia Journalism, Public Relations or Advertising).
- This is the Department of Journalism Guide for Advising. There is important information here that you should know. Please read this document over and if you have any questions, please reach out to Cindy in the main office (Sage 3003).