Job, Fellowship & Networking Opportunities
Wisconsin Public Radio Fellowship
Wisconsin Public Radio is accepting applications for the Second Century News Fellowship based in Milwaukee. The successful applicant will be a promising early-career journalist of color or someone from an underrepresented group in the media industry, interested in deepening experience and skills in news radio broadcasting. This is a 12 month FT paid fellowship. Concentrated coaching and feedback on writing, editing, voicing, and other aspects of radio news reporting will be provided. email@example.com. EOE. 608-263-0477.
Editor sought for two national magazines in Iola, Wisconsin
Would you like to add Editor of two national magazines to your resume? Here is your opportunity to use your word wrangling rockstar skills to provide quality curated content to our vast audience of readers who own and fly Cessna and/or Piper aircraft.
Do you correct other people’s writing when you read books, articles, and websites? Do you enjoy telling others what to do? Get paid to do what you enjoy doing for fun.
You will be responsible for:
- Hiring freelance writers and assigning articles
- Authoring and editing articles for print and digital applications
- Working with our dedicated teams to create a top-notch product
A working knowledge of AP journalism standards is preferred. The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor’s degree majoring in journalism, English, or communication, but it is not required.
If you have editorial experience, strong relationship-building skills and a positive attitude, you will enjoy the upbeat atmosphere, collaborative environment, and pleasant working conditions. This is a full-time, 40-hour-per-week salaried position, with benefits.
Aviation industry knowledge preferred but not required.
Oshkosh Herald seeks sports stringers, contributors and a salesperson.
House of Flowers
House of Flowers in Oshkosh is seeking a event specialist and event assistant. Learn more at http://www.houseofflowersonline.com/about_opportunities.asp?topnav=TopNav
Internships and Fellowships
UW Oshkosh’s Career and Professional Development is available to help you in your internships or job search. Check the online resources, classes, Handshake and more.
Wisconsin Public Radio - Summer 2019 Internship in Eau Claire
Wisconsin Public Radio announces an opening for a summer Journalism Internship in Eau Claire.
Interested in developing and honing your journalism skills? WPR has a great opportunity for a student majoring in journalism or communications with a passion for current events, good writing ability and strong interpersonal skills to join our team for summer 2019. Working with WPR’ s experienced journalists behind the scenes and on the air, you will learn the basics of broadcast journalism and public affairs call-in talk show production and develop a portfolio of your work. This internship, based in Eau Claire, is designed to attract college students from underrepresented groups and those with disabilities. Pay is $10/hr. Details: https://www.wpr.org/summer-journalism-internship.
Science Web Magazine Writer (Freelance)
My name is Andrew Neff, I work with a science web-magazine, and I’d like to advertise a paid writing opportunity to your students. We can’t quite manage a full paid internship, but are interested in paying your students to contribute individual pieces ($250 for 500-800 words). Feel free to take a look at our organization’s website (https://www.golgiproductions.com/), and reach out to me at any time should you have any questions.
Verge Campus Website/Magazine
Do you love writing in your free time?
Are you interested in being a journalist or a blogger?
Do you want your articles to be read by other students at your school and colleges across the nation? Become a writer for Verge Campus!
Write about what interests you, add to your resume, and get your work published on the Verge Campus website and maybe even in the Verge Campus Magazine!
- Writing content for vergecampus.com (about any local and national topics in which you are interested)
- Editing content before it is posted to the website
- Promoting Verge Campus (to grow the number of writers and to tell people to check out your published work!!)
- If you like, you can even get paid to help distribute magazines!
If this sounds like something that would interest you, please contact Taylor Williams at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information and next steps.
eieMedia Study Abroad Programs
ieiMedia offers eight great 2019 study abroad programs:
- Urbino, Italy: multimedia, magazine journalism
- Valencia, Spain: print, video and sports journalism
- Normandy, France: plus London and Paris on D-Day’s 75th anniversary
- Jerusalem, Israel: international reporting
- Oslo, Norway: rock journalism, life stories
- Bologna, Italy: hip-hop performance and culture reporting
- Armagh, N. Ireland: opinion writing or creative writing, playwriting
- Cusco, Peru: plus Lima, for 3 weeks, just $3,995, cheap airfare and no jet lag
The 3-4 week courses give you things that money cannot buy: lifelong memories and friends, new confidence and skills, great digital “clips” — and a huge head start on becoming the kind of global citizen that employers love.
Learn more at http://ieimedia.com/
Green Bay Chamber seeks marketing communications intern
- Craft social media posts, ads (print and other), e-newsletter articles and content, and other e-communication and print items.
- Under the guidance of the marketing and communications VP, creates marketing and communications plans for programs, signature events, etc.
Ongoing. Cover a sports beat for a team you are interested in and generate multiple stories per week about the team. Stories can and should be opinionated. Learn more
Ongoing. Seeking writing, editing, social media and music reviewing interns. To apply, go to FashionWeek.com.
Ongoing. CelebrityCafe.com has internships for writing, music reviewing and social media marketing. Learn more at www.thecelebritycafe.com/write-for-us/
Ongoing. Seeking journalism fellows and interns who have a sincere passion for news, politics, civil rights and government accountability. Successful applicants should be quick learners, organized and able to work efficiently under fast-paced editorial deadlines. Work closely with editorial staff copy-editing, researching and writing. Learn more
Fond du Lac Festivals March 11- June 14, 2019
Fond du Lac Festivals is looking for two enthusiastic students to fill exciting and valuable internship positions. Work will include:
- Writing news releases and feature stories
- Volunteer and vendor correspondence
- Communication with TV and radio stations
- Assist with the Walleye Weekend Launch Party
- And more.
Green Bay Packers Fan Engagement Intern - May 2019-20 - Open to new grads
- Handle customer service for fan programs (answer phone calls, emails, letters, username/passwords, questions, etc.).
- Assist with daily/monthly reward fulfillment and distribution for Packers Perks.
- Perform weekly data entry for membership fulfillment using a CRM database system.
- Manage weekly fulfillment of membership benefits, including keeping an accurate track of inventory, mailing monthly renewal letters, packages, etc.
- Assist with coordination of yearly fan program events (Jr. Power Pack football clinic, Packers Training Camp, etc.).
- Assist with Marketing & Brand Engagement projects including new initiative research, content creation and maintenance on PackersEverywhere.com, etc.
- Assist in coding and analyzing fan research surveys.
- Aiding brand & marketing department as needed.
Silver Star Brands, Marketing Analytics Intern
Apply at https://rn22.ultipro.com/MIL1006/jobboard/JobDetails.aspx?__ID=*4970A42B633C9CF5The Oshkosh Area
Silver Star Brands E- Commerce Digital Marketing Intern
|Description||Create and review website content
Assist with creating content for all channels
Assist in tracking, analyzing and reporting digital campaign metrics
Help maintain social media channels
Help develop and implement SEO strategy.
Help build inbound organic search traffic and improve search engine results pages
Participate in promotional planning and idea generation
Maintain calendars and schedule deliverables
Basic HTML & front-end development
Participate in creative process
Other duties as assigned
|Requirements||• Rising college junior, senior, or graduate with undergraduate studies in web development/management, marketing or other related field
• Excellent writing, grammar, and proofreading skills
• Proficient in MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
• Ability to prioritize, multi-task and maintain attention to detail
• Ability to interact, communicate and present ideas
• Experience with research online and in databases
• Prowess in social media
• Energetic, creative, and eager to learn
• Achievement Oriented
Apply at https://rn22.ultipro.com/MIL1006/jobboard/JobDetails.aspx?__ID=*0B883A72900F73DC
New North weeks marketing research intern
New North is a new regional economic development organization providing coordination functions designed to maximize the development potential for 18 counties comprising Northeastern Wisconsin. The organization is charged with advancing regional collaborations, implementing targeting and business retention opportunities, supporting an entrepreneurial climate, educational advancement, diversity, a regional brand and attracting/retaining top talent. More detailed information about the organization and its initiatives can be found on www.thenewnorth.com
Position Title: Internship; Market Research
Position Purpose: The internship is regarding support work to the research function for the New North, Inc. Primary research in survey design and implementation along with significant secondary research project assignments are ongoing and focused on one or more of six strategic initiatives.
Oshkosh United Way seeks resource development intern
The Oshkosh Area United Way seeks a resource development intern to:
- Assist with the planning, organization and management of corporate partner campaigns.
- Perform research to support fund development (including grants, foundations, and company profiles).
- Assist in the development, planning, and execution of events and activities designed to raise funds and increase OAUW’s community awareness
- Prepare and maintain accurate records, reports and materials; including database information.
- Assist with development of training programs and resource materials, as needed.
- Safeguard confidential information used in the performance of duties.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned by the CEO and Resource Development Director
Wisconsin Public Radio seeks marketing and promotions intern for Summer 2019
Wisconsin Public Radio seeks an intern to join the Milwaukee regional office for Summer 2019. The ideal candidate is considering a career in communications, marketing or public relations, and is interested in community engagement and brand research. The candidate must be open to riding a cargo bike to various community events around the city. The intern will attend various community events to act as brand ambassador, write copy for the web and on-air promotions, research local events and initiatives to pursue for partnership, and effectively communicate with station volunteers and the public. Pay is $10/hour; candidate must have strong written and oral communication skills. Details: https://www.wpr.org/marketing-and-promotions-internship
Integrity Insurance, Appleton, seeks digital marketing intern
This role is based in our Appleton, WI office and is a paid, real-world learning experience. The role will be part-time (15-20hours/week) during the school year and full-time (40 hours/week) during the summer.
What you will be doing:
- Supports the execution of online reputation management, PR and Brand Strategies.
- Assist in writing, proofing, and editing content across digital & traditional channels.
- Execute marketing campaigns in digital properties while tracking results.
- Assists in filming and uploading videos to various channels.
- Update web properties, digital brochures, and email communications with content and images.
To learn more or apply, go to https://recruiting.ultipro.com/GRA1009GMC/JobBoard/48f64b20-93f7-4747-ab3b-a1ca18c31427/OpportunityDetail?opportunityId=00b1eb77-cc11-4ee4-95f4-432de88d0d10
Multimedia Marketing Group
Marketing Administrative Assistant Internship
For more information, please click here.
Advertising & Public Relations Opportunities
Oshkosh United Way seeks PR and Marketing Intern
The United Way is seeking a public relations and marketing intern to:
- Support organization’s communication strategy and execute it in different phases.
- Perform market analysis and research on the latest trends.
- Create and curate engaging content.
- Effectively utilize company’s social media and blogs.
- Monitor all social media platforms for trending news, ideas, and feedback.
- Create and distribute press releases.
- Build and update media and distribution lists.
- Research and evaluate competitor marketing and digital content.
- Assist in other duties as requested.
NEW IT Alliance seeks Digital Communication, PR and Marketing Intern
The Northeast Wisconsin (NEW) IT Alliance is a collaboration of regional employers and educational institutions working together to solve the Information Technology (IT) talent shortage in Northeast Wisconsin. We are currently seeking a highly-motivated intern to help us grow and market the organization, as well as reach young people to encourage them to pursue IT careers.
We are looking for an intern to develop communication and marketing templates, draft press releases, assist in the creation of signage, circular, e-mail campaigns, and much more. Learn more.
Firmani + Associates, Seattle, Wash., offers 4-month paid internship for graduates
Firmani + Associates, a progressive public relations and marketing firm located in Seattle, Washington, is offering a four-month, full-time paid internship beginning in December, with subsequent internships opening up every four months or so. Gain hands-on experience with account coordinator-level responsibilities such as writing press releases, researching market trends, pitching to media outlets and planning strategic social media campaigns.
Interns must possess a bachelor’s degree in public relations or journalism. Pays $2,254 a month plus a transportation stipend and paid holidays. Learn more.
Cato Institute, Washington D.C. - Offer spring, fall and summer internships
Students and early-career professionals play an instrumental role in helping the Cato
Institute advance libertarian principles. Cato hosts interns for three semester-long
sessions each year—spring, summer, and fall. Assigned to specific departments based
on their interests and backgrounds, interns are able to work one-on-one with scholars
and staff on research and communication of that research. Interns also participate in an
intensive seminar series in which they learn about public policy, economics, history, and
political philosophy. Additional seminars cover professional development topics, such as
public speaking and interviewing skills.
Communications interns work in media relations, external affairs, and video production.
Interns also assist with events and occasionally help Cato staff with other day-to-day
Learn more at www.cato.org
Candeo Creative seeks multimedia intern for Spring 2019
Candeo Creative is seeking a multimedia intern for Spring 2019 to:
- assist multimedia specialist on photo and video shoots
- collaborate with other teammates to brainstorm ads, campaigns and promotions
- plan, execute and edit Candeo videos
SRWC seeks social media specialist
The SRWC is currently seeking to employ a Social Media Specialist. This part time student employment position will report directly to the Fitness Services Coordinator and will work roughly 4-8 hours per week depending on the time of year.
Primary responsibilities will include:
- Assist in all Student Rec social media postings on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter
- Develop a system that allows department heads to request content to be posted to social media
- Create and implement semester long social media campaigns
- Create daily postings of engaging and informative content across all social media platforms
- Attend certain special events and serve as a social media liaison covering the event
- Other social media related duties as assigned
This position will allow the student employee to really take the reigns of our social media presence and impact a large percentage of UWO students and the UWO community. Interested applicants should send a resume and cover letter to Jordan Mooney, fitness services coordinator, at email@example.com.
City of Appleton seeks Communications Intern
The Mayor of Appleton’s Office is looking for a student to volunteer-intern in our communications office this semester. This unique position serves under the primary supervision of the communications coordinator to advance communications efforts to the community.
Examples of Duties
- Work with the communication coordinator to plan citywide social media strategy.
- Assist in video production and editing of special projects.
- Help launch new community newsletter.
- Collaborate with multiple departments on creating an internal employee communication survey.
- Aid in creation of employee newsletter program.
- Other duties as assigned.
Party .0 Social Media Intern sought
Party .0, Inc. is looking for a part-time social media coordinator to maintain and improve our
company’s online presence. The position can be arranged as an unpaid internship for college
credit or volunteer project. Each candidate can expect to work a minimum of 14.5 hours each
week with a flexible schedule. Learn more.
Axios Ambassadors Sought
Axios is a new media company delivering vital, trustworthy news and analysis in the most efficient, illuminating and shareable ways possible. We are starting an Ambassadors program. Ambassadors would expand the Axios brand on campus and spread the word about our newsletters. Learn more.
Graphic Design and Photography
Internship Nepal offers photojournalism and writing internships
African Campus offers photo internships in South Africa
2018 programs include:
- Wildlife Filming: is focused on terrestrial film-making. During this time you start by building your storyline, filming, once filming is complete, you will return to Mossel Bay and edit your film so that by the end of the month you have a 3 to 5 minute film for your CV, submission to film festivals etc.
- Travel and Wildlife Photojournalism: The program gives students a range of expeditions to be able to write first-hand accounts of the issues or topics; while pairing the photography skills necessary to have a complete story. Stories will be a mix of hard news, interviews, and features. Photography skills will include (but not limited to) landscapes, portraits, wildlife photography, and astrophotography.
Multimedia Marketing Group, Loves Park, Ill., offers year-round internships
Multimedia Marketing is headquartered in Loves Park, Illinois. The company offers a wide assortment of production services: graphic design, TV commercial production, Video production, website creation, web videos, social media, 3D animation and marketing/branding management.
Multimedia Marketing provides students with an excellent opportunity to develop skills in video production, audio production, graphic design, web design, public relations, and technical writing, business administration, and marketing. We individualize each internship based on your availability and which skills you wish to learn or develop.
This position is responsible for working with the photo database system, archiving photos, adding metadata, aiding with organization of photographers during the week of AirVenture, along with other duties as assigned.
Learn more and apply at http://mmg-1.com/internships.html.
Oceans Campus, Mossel Bay, South Africa
Oceans Campus is offering an opportunity for undergraduate students of all levels to become a member of the Africa Media programs in Mossel Bay, South Africa. Africa Media is an environmental based media company specializing in the production of photographic, video and editorial media from the African continent. Four programs are offered specializing in wildlife film-making, wildlife and adventure photography, underwater photography and environmental travel writing. Learn more.
Disney College Program
Participate in the Disney College Program and get your foot in the door to potentially become a Disney Professional Intern. Learn more
Internships in other areas:
Internships in the Madison area can be obtained by visiting our sister site at the University of Wisconsin Madison.
Internships in the Minneapolis area can be obtained by visiting our sister state’s site at the University of Minnesota – Twin Cities.
Diversity in Advertising and Public Relations Internships
Newspaper Internship Directory (Updated annually)
National Internships & Fellowships
- Dow Jones Internships
- Poynter Fellowships
- American Society of Magazine Editors Internship Program
- Association for Women in Sports Media
- Boston University International Programs
- Boston Globe Summer Intern Program
- Journalism Jobs
- Editor and Publisher Magazine
- UC Berkeley Job List
- American Society of Newspaper Editors
- Pulliam Journalism Fellowship
Silver Star Brands
Located in Oshkosh. Seeking a Web Business Analyst Intern to assist with gathering and writing user stories for ticket requirements, assist in keeping build schedules and projects on track, document and update business rules and more. Learn more