Dempsey Hall 135
800 Algoma Blvd
Oshkosh, WI 54901
UW Oshkosh Admission Denial Appeal
Students wishing to appeal their denial decision and be reconsidered for admission to the University OR another campus of the University must submit the following form and attach additional documentation. Appeals are considered on a case-by-case basis and are not guaranteed.
Required Submission Materials:
- Please provide a statement about why you believe you should be admitted. Be sure to include information that may not have been shared on your application, which may include things like unusual life circumstances, explanation of your grade trends, efforts you are making to change your situation, medical issues, etc.
- Please provide a new transcript that includes additional grades. For example, if your original transcript provided grades through the end of your junior year, please include a transcript with your 7th semester grades. Or, if your original transcript had 7th semester grades, please provide 3rd quarter grades.
- Please provide one, or two if you wish, letter of reference. The letter(s) should come from a teacher or school counselor who can address your ability to successfully do college course work. Do not send letters of reference from relatives or employers.
NOTE: All submitted materials should be in a .PDF format. .Docx or other file types will cause an error during the form submission.
You are also encouraged to submit:
- An ACT/SAT score. With ACT/SAT scores optional through Spring 2023, you may have opted to not submit an ACT/SAT score. If you feel as though your score could help your application, you are welcomed to submit one. If you already submitted an ACT/SAT score, and choose to retake it, you can also submit a new score. We will always use your best composite ACT/SAT score for the admissions decision. We do not super score. This should be sent separately from the form below.
- Other documentation to support your appeal statement. This may be things like documentation from a doctor or medical care provider confirming an illness, injury or condition that impacted your academic performance. This should be sent separately from the form below.
After we receive your documents:
Upon receipt of your materials, your application will be reviewed and we will communicate with you via email within two weeks. If we have questions about your submission or need an item not previously provided, we will request that from you via email as well.
Materials not uploaded in the form below can be sent to:
UW Oshkosh Admissions
PO Box 2423
Oshkosh, WI 54903-2423
If you are mailing items, please make sure to include your name, date of birth and indication that the documents are being sent for consideration in your denial appeal.
Denial Appeal Form
Please make sure you have attached all documentation prior to submitting this form so we can receive all items at one time. This will ensure the most accuracy in our reconsideration. If you are waiting for a reference letter, which is being sent directly to our office, please attach a document indicating who the reference is from and by what means they plan to send it.