Fox Cities Campus
Information for First Year Students| Welcome!
Information reflected on this page is applicable to students starting in January or Spring 2023. Next steps information for Summer and Fall 2023 students will be available in March
Congratulations on your admission to the UW Oshkosh, Fox Cities Campus! Please review the information on this page as you prepare for your next steps towards enrollment.
If you have any questions along the way, contact the Student Affairs Solution Center at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (920) 832-2620. You will need your NetID and password to access your UWO email account. If you are experiencing issues with your NetID or password, please contact the UWO Helpdesk at (920) 424-3020.
UW System placement testing in math and English is required of all incoming new students who have not previously completed math or English courses earning college credit. Optional world language placement tests are available in Spanish, French and German. Placement tests must be completed prior to attending your Advising and Registration (A&R) session.
UW System Online Placement Testing – Take the exams from any location with internet access at a time/date that works best for you. You must register in advance. Online exams must be completed at least TWO WEEKS prior to your Advising and Registration session.
UW System Online Placement Testing Information
- Register in advance
- After completing the registration form, an email will be sent from email@example.com which contains a registration code for you to complete the registration process. Once you have entered that passcode, you will receive a second email from firstname.lastname@example.org, which contains the link and password needed to begin your exams.
- Log into Scantron to complete the math and English tests (see information below to find out if you are exempt). World language tests are optional.
- You can use a non-graphing calculator for the math section.
In-Person Placement Testing Options
Individual Testing on the Fond du Lac Campus
- If you have barriers to taking the online placement test or need testing accommodations, please reach out to the Solution Center at 920-929-1122 or email@example.com
- Testing times/days will be determined on an individual basis.
Individual Testing on the Fox Cities Campus
- If you have barriers to taking the online placement test or need testing accommodations, please reach out to the Solution Center at 920-832-2620 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Testing times/days will be determined on an individual basis.
For all in-person (paper/pencil) testing options, the following apply:
- You must bring a photo ID, your own non-graphing calculator and No. 2 pencils.
- Math and English tests are 90 minutes each, the optional World Language tests are 60 minutes
Can I be exempt from taking placement tests?
If you have successfully completed a transferable level course (eg. CAPP, ECCP) in English composition, math or world language, or if you have completed an AP or IB course prior to your senior year and received a qualifying score on the exam, you may be exempt. Please review the following information to determine if you are exempt:
- AP – Advance Placement
- IB – International Baccalaureate
- Review transferable course work from other universities
Frequently Asked Questions
When will I receive my placement test results?
Students will receive their results and placement level during their Advising & Registration session.
How can I request accommodations?
- For UW System Online Placement tests, please send accommodation requests to Tim O’Connor at email@example.com
- For paper and pencil tests on the UWO Fox Cities Campus contact Jackie Connell at firstname.lastname@example.org
Who do I contact if I don’t know my NetID or password?
To log in to register for an online test or a group testing session, you will need your UW Oshkosh Net ID and password. This information was emailed when you were admitted. If you don’t have your Net ID and password or experience issues logging in, please contact the Help Desk at (920) 424-3020.
Who do I contact if I am experiencing issues while registering for my placement exams?
To troubleshoot issues that may arise while registering for your exams, please contact the UW Madison Testing and Evaluation Services at email@example.com or (608) 262-5863.
Who do I contact if I am experiencing issue while completing my placement exams?
To troubleshoot issues that may arise while completing your exams online, please contact Scantron at (919) 572-6880.
Advising and Registration (A&R)
Advising and Registration events focus on course registration. Students will learn their Placement Test results, be introduced to the Associate’s degree requirements and major planning, and learn how to navigate Titan Web. Advising staff will help students select courses for the upcoming term.
A&R appointments are offered in December and January for incoming freshman beginning in the spring term. To initiate a meeting with an advisor, you must complete the Pre-Advising Questionnaire. Once you have completed the questionnaire, the information will be shared with your academic advisor and you will be contacted to schedule a one-on-one A&R meeting.
Students must complete placement testing (or have incoming college-level math and/or English credits) prior to attending Advising and Registration. Online Placement Tests must be taken at least 2 weeks prior to A&R to ensure the results of the exams are available.
New Student Orientation
Orientation is an opportunity for students to get acquainted with campus before the semester begins, meet fellow classmates and get the answers to any remaining questions about college. Learn about the academic resources that are available to students, get introduced to student life opportunities and take a full tour of the Fox Cities campus. Orientation events are offered just prior to the start of the fall and spring semesters.
Students are encouraged to invite a parent, guardian or other supporter to the event. Students are limited to one guest.