Dempsey Hall 135
800 Algoma Blvd
Oshkosh, WI 54901
Admitted Re-entry Students
If you have been admitted to the University as a re-entry student, please follow the steps below to complete your enrollment at UW Oshkosh.
Step 1: Confirm your Spot & Activate your Application
Congratulations on your re-admission to UW Oshkosh. To continue on with your next steps at the Oshkosh Campus, all we ask is that you reply to your acceptance email to confirm your spot and continue your admission process. If you are unable to find this email, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fond du Lac and Fox Cities campus students do not have to confirm your spot and we will automatically activate your application.
Congratulations Titan, your UW Oshkosh journey begins again!
Step 2: Activate your UW Oshkosh Email Account
Within two days of the University activating your application, your UW Oshkosh email account will be re-activated and available for your use. Your UW Oshkosh email account will remain the same as it was previously.
To log in to Office 365 to access your email and calendar:
- Go to portal.office.com.
- Enter your email address and click Next.
- Select Work or school account.
- Enter the password for your NetID.
- Choose whether you would like to stay logged in or not.
(If you’re not on a campus owned computer issued to you, consider selecting No.)
- Click on Outlook, which should be the first app listed under Apps.
Forget Your Password or Having Trouble Logging In?
Contact UW Oshkosh’s academic computing help desk at (920) 424-3020. They will be able to assist you. Please make sure to have your student ID number available before calling.
Step 3: Set an Appointment for Academic Advising
Oshkosh Campus admitted re-entry students who have confirmed their spot are eligible to meet with academic advisors in the Undergraduate Advising Resource Center (UARC). Please call the UARC at (920) 424-1268 to set up an appointment. If you are a student re-entering on probation, you are required to meet with a UARC advisor before you can enroll in classes. You will be scheduled to meet with an appropriate adviser for your college and major.
Fond du Lac Campus re-entries can contact the Student Affairs Solution Center at (920) 929-1122 or email email@example.com for advising assistance.
Fox Cities Campus re-entries can contact the Student Affairs Solution Center at (929) 832-2620 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for advising assistance.
If you are a student re-entering on probation, you are required to meet with an academic advisor before you can enroll in classes.
Please log into TitanWeb to access your Academic Advisement Report (degree audit report) and bring a copy with you to your advising appointment.
Step 4: Use TitanWeb to Register for Your Classes
Students at UW Oshkosh use TitanWeb to register for classes and are assigned registration dates according to the total number of credits they have earned. Enrollment for spring terms begins the October prior, while enrollment for fall terms begins the February prior. Although you may apply for admission well in advance of the start of a given term, you will be eligible to enroll in classes only after these official registration periods are underway.
Use TitanWeb to find out when you are eligible to enroll in classes. On or after your assigned registration date, access TitanWeb and enroll in classes. If you need assistance please contact the Registrar’s Office.
NOTE: If you register for classes before meeting with your academic advisor, following these instructions:
- Please access your Academic Advisement Report (degree audit report) via TitanWeb to assist you in selecting appropriate course work.
- Sign up for classes.
- Please print a copy of your Academic Advisement Report and bring it with you when you come to campus for your reentry advising session. Your advisor may suggest changes to your schedule at this time.
Important: Check all enrollment “messages”
TitanWeb provides you with important messages when you register for your classes. Please be aware of the following “messages” impacting your enrollment:
- Success: The class you have requested has been added to your schedule.
- Error: The class you requested has not been added to your schedule. Click on the word “Error” for a detailed explanation of why the class was not added.
- Message: This is a warning that you have already taken a class equivalent to the one you are attempting to take again. Please be sure you intend to repeat the class and, then, be aware that if you have previously taken the class and earned a grade of “C” or better, this is a violation of the UW Oshkosh Repeat Policy and the class will be administratively dropped from your schedule. If you are dropped from the repeat of a class for this reason, the Registrar’s Office will notify you of any schedule changes via your campus email account.