Federal School Code
Individual loans may have specific procedures and requirements in order to receive funding. Detailed information for individuals loans can be found in the Types of Aid section of our website.
If loans are listed on a student’s financial aid award in TitanWeb and the student intends to use the loan, then the student must officially accept the loan(s) through TitanWeb.
Loans cannot be disbursed and applied toward tuition until loan entrance counseling and Master Promissory Note (MPN) are completed. UW Oshkosh will be notified once Entrance Counseling and/or MPN have been completed and the item(s) will be removed from your To Do List within 3 business days.
Loan Entrance Counseling
This interactive, online counseling session helps students understand the responsibilities that come with student loans, such as borrowing and repayment terms. Please follow these instructions to complete entrance counseling:
- Go to https://studentaid.gov/ and click Log In in the upper right corner. Log in with your FSA ID and password. If you do not have an FSA ID and password, click Create an Account and follow the prompts on the screen. Once the FSA ID is complete, you will need to return to studentaid.gov to log in.
- On the home screen, go to the My Checklists section and click the drop down arrow next to I’m in School.
- Click Complete Entrance Counseling. Click START and continue through the end. The counseling will typically take about 30 minutes to complete and must be completed in one session.
Master Promissory Note (MPN)
If you exit the site before submitting your MPN, you must start again from the beginning.
When you sign an MPN, you are confirming your understanding that UW Oshkosh may make new loans for you without having you sign another promissory note. You are also agreeing to repay your lender, the U.S. Department of Education, all loans made to you under the terms of the MPN. Please follow these instructions to sign you MPN:
- Go to https://studentaid.gov/ and click Log In in the upper right corner. Log in with your FSA ID and password. If you do not have an FSA ID and password, click Create an Account and follow the prompts on the screen. Once the FSA ID is complete, you can return to studentaid.gov to log in.
- On the home screen, go to the My Checklists section and click the drop down arrow next to I’m in School
- Click on Complete MPN (i.e., Loan Agreement). Select START next to the option that best fits your current situation. Your progress will be recorded at the top of the page as you complete each step.
- Enter and verify your personal information.
- Select Wisconsin and University of Wisconsin Oshkosh from the drop-down menus and click Continue
- List two references and click Continue
- Review MPN Agreement and continue to the end to submit.
Hours and Location
Dempsey Hall, Room 104
Mondays and Fridays
8:00 a.m.–4:00 p.m.
Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday
10:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Schedule an appointment with your fiancial aid Counselor
Office Hours: 8 a.m.–4:30 p.m.
Financial Aid Office
800 Algoma Blvd.
Oshkosh, WI 54901