Federal School Code
Notification of Financial Aid Award
After completing all steps in the financial aid application process, students will receive an email in their @uwosh.edu account notifying them their financial aid package is ready to review. The financial aid package can be reviewed in a student’s TitanWeb account and will list the grants, loans and/or work study a student is eligible to receive. If more than a month has passed since submitting your FAFSA and receiving a satisfactory Student Aid Report (SAR), and you have not yet received a notice of financial aid award, please contact the financial aid office.
You may need to submit additional documents before you are able to review your financial aid award in TitanWeb. Please review your “To-Do List” in TitanWeb to ensure additional financial documents are not needed.
Viewing and Accepting Aid
- Log into TitanWeb using your Student ID # and password
- Under the Finances section in your Student Center, click “View Financial Aid”
- Select the appropriate aid year
- Read the terms and conditions and agree to proceed.
- Accept/decline your desired awards
- Federal grants are automatically accepted, but loans and work study must be selected with a checkmark if you choose to accept them.
- When you select a loan or work study, a box appears and the offered amount becomes the accepted amount. You may edit the amount to a lesser number if you do not wish to accept the full amount.
- The Parent PLUS Loan cannot be accepted on TitanWeb. However, you are able to decline the Parent PLUS Loan on this screen You must follow the link for the Parent PLUS Loan process at the bottom of the screen in order to accept the loan.
- If you wish to accept the full amount of aid offered, you may choose “accept all.”
Financial aid funds are typically disbursed and deducted from a student’s tuition costs automatically a few days before the start of semester. A student may check their TitanWeb account to see if/when money is applied to their student account. In certain cases, the amount of aid a student receives is greater than the cost of tuition. When this occurs a student will be notified to pick up their remaining financial aid via refund check or by direct deposit.
Loans cannot be disbursed/applied toward tuition until a student completes loan entrance counseling and signs a Master Promissory Note (MPN).
Changes in Financial Aid Amounts
Your financial aid may change if you requested different aid amounts than listed on your previous award or if you received a scholarship. Changes in award will be viewable in TitanWeb.
If you (independent students) or your parents (dependent students) experience a change in financial situation, you can request that the Financial Aid Office reevaluate your aid eligibility. Our office will provide a form for you to describe the change and provide some form of substantiated documentation. Common situations include loss of employment, reduction in income, significant medical/dental expenses, divorce and/or death.
Learn more: Accepting Loans
Hours and Location
Dempsey Hall, Room 104
Walk-In Hours: 10 a.m.–4 p.m.
Office Hours: 7:45 a.m.–4:30 p.m.
Financial Aid Office
800 Algoma Blvd.
Oshkosh, WI 54901