Coronavirus Office Hours
Due to the coronavirus (COVID-19), the Department of Financial Aid will be closed through Aug. 31. However, many of our financial aid counselors are working remotely. Please contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Federal School Code
Are you eligible for aid?
To be eligible for financial aid, students must:
- Be admitted to a degree-seeking program and be enrolled in at least 6 undergraduate-level credits or 4.5 graduate-level credits at UW Oshkosh. However, students may still apply for financial aid if not yet admitted or enrolled at the University
- Have a high school diploma or a General Education Development (GED) certificate
- Meet one of the following citizenship criteria:
- U.S. citizen
- U.S. national (includes natives of American Samoa or Swain’s Island)
- U.S. permanent resident
- Have “refugee,” “asylum granted,” “Cuban-Haitian entrant–status pending” or “conditional entrant”
- Have a valid Social Security Number
- Register with the Selective Service System if you are a male between 18 and 25 years of age
- Maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP)
- Certify that you are not currently in default on a federal student loan and do not owe money on a federal student grant
- Certify that you will use federal student aid only for the educational purposes
If you already have a bachelor’s degree, you are only eligible for loans and work-study aid. This includes students in double-major or duel degree programs who have met the requirements for one of their majors/degrees and are continuing their education toward the additional major/degree. Students who have completed all degree requirements for their degree but have not received their degree can receive financial aid for one additional semester. If the student does not graduate after this additional semester, they no longer eligible for financial aid.
The Financial Aid Office will cancel financial aid if a student fails to complete the minimum number of credits needed to be eligible for financial aid (6 undergraduate, 4.5 graduate).
Learn more: Applying for Aid
Hours and Location
Dempsey Hall, Room 104
Walk-In Hours: 10 a.m.–4 p.m.
Office Hours: 7:45 a.m.–4:30 p.m.
Financial Aid Office
800 Algoma Blvd.
Oshkosh, WI 54901