Faculty and staff at UW-Oshkosh Journalism Department provide support for students to create a better future.
IMPORTANT — CORONAVIRUS (COVID19)
Resources for Students
This list links students to resources that may help ease burdens raised by the COVID 19 Pandemic.
- The UWO COVID 19 Information page remains the central online location for the most up to date announcements and developments on COVID 19 at UWO.
- Don’t have a computer at home for remote learning? Reach out to the Dean of Students Office. They may be able to assist.
- Need internet access to continue your coursework? Click here for list of emergency internet resources for Wisconsin residents.
- Need a book but the library is closed? Check the Polk Library website to see if an e-book version is available or request it.
- Experiencing food insecurity? While the UWO Cabinet is currently closed, inventory has been moved to the Oshkosh Area Food Pantry.
- Seeking tips on coping with isolation and other mental health resources? The UWO Counseling Center has a wealth of material and continues to offer tele-health services.
- Another great support resources for students is the Academic Support of Inclusive Excellence. ASIE oversees Indigenous Student Support and Wellness, LGBTQ+ Resource Center, McNair Scholars, Men of Color and Latino/a/Hispanic Initiatives, Student Achievement Services, Student Support Services and Student Support Services STEM, and the Women’s Center.
- Experience a bias incident? Report it here.
Please reach out to Department of Journalism Faculty and Staff if there’s any way
we can help support you during this time. We want you to succeed!
Be well…Stay Well!