Internship & Careers
Fill your resume before graduation
Careers in the music industry range from studio engineering and live sound, to media production, theatre production, music marketing, publishing, arts management, and game design.
Below are just some of the great careers that program graduates have pursued.
Isaac Stolzer-Gary reviews guitars during his internhip for Guitar Gods. He is now their Senior Editor.
Recent Student Internships
- Breckenridge Music Festival
- Jensen Communications (PR & Media)
- Eaux Claires Music Festival
- Castle Recording Studios (TN)
- Mile of Music Festival (Appleton, WI)
- Blackbird Studio (Nashville, TN)
- Appleton Rock School (Music education)
- Drive-By Studios (Nashville, TN)
- Gear Gods (Online music publication)
- The Geo Group (Madison, WI – Translation services recording studio)
- Gravity Studios (Chicago, IL)
- Sweetwater Sound (Studio, Ft. Wayne, IN)
- International Bluegrass Music Association
Internship Resources for Current Students
Internships are intended to be taken when all other courses have been completed, but please contact Professor Nate Edwards ahead of time to determine a specific timeline. Each student’s situation is different.
To give an internship or job location suggestion, or to provide studio or business contact information, please email Professor Edwards. Once you inform Professor Edwards that you are nearing the end of your internship, an evaluation form will be sent to your supervisor.