UW Oshkosh Special Groups
We strive to provide an enjoyable and educational experience for our guests visiting the UW Oshkosh campus. In order to make sure your visit meets these standards, please become familiar with our restrictions and group visit notes outlined below, prior to requesting, so we can continue to strive in providing educational yet enjoyable campus visits at UW Oshkosh. Also please note that at this time we are only accepting special group visits to the Oshkosh campus.
Please read before submitting your request:
- UW Oshkosh (Admissions Special Groups) is unable to sponsor funding for group visits, including transportation, dining and lodging. If you have a contact that has told you otherwise please have them reach out to us directly.
- Priority is given to groups who can schedule a visit on Tuesdays and Thursdays from the last week of September to the first week of December, and the last week of February to the last week of April.
- Preference of date are given to groups who are able to be available on campus for a minimum of 2.5 hours. A Typical campus visit is 3-4+ hours.
- UW Oshkosh group visits strive to provide a personalized experience that meet the needs of the students. You can request additions to the skeletal itinerary of an admissions presentation and campus tour (i.e. lunch).
- The majority of students in your group must be of sophomore or junior high school standing.
- An official online request form needs to be successfully received within two weeks of your preferred visit date.
- When you submit an official request we are assuming you have gotten approval from superiors and will have access to transportation.
- Requests that are submitted for groups of larger than 40 participants we will highly encourage splitting the group into two visit days.
- Prior to clicking “submit” we encourage you to screen shot your entries as the form will clear your entries if the form does not successfully go through.
Once you have submitted your request:
- The screen should automate a “Thank you! Your request has been submitted” in addition, please check your email for an automated confirmation that your request was successfully submitted. If you did not receive an email we did not receive your request to which feel welcome to email us your screen shot so you do not have to re-enter everything.
- If we do not have questions in regards to what you submitted, pending when during the year you submit your form, and if we do not deny your visit it could take a couple weeks before we can officially confirm your visit request date.
- If at any point in time you could like to verify that we have received your request, make an update to your request, or have questions on the status of your request please do not hesitate to contact us! We prefer email as than our fabulous student workers can respond to you in a timely manner when counselors are in the height of travel season.
Fall group visit dates have typically been booked to capacity by early/mid-October and Spring dates as early as February due to fall requests changed to spring once booked full.
Note: Persons with disabilities needing special assistance to attend or anyone with special dietary needs should contact Erica (Brooks) Spicer (920) 424-0227 at least 72 hours before your visit. The University will provide reasonable accommodations to those requesting assistance.
Erica (Brooks) Spicer
Special Groups Coordinator
Megan and Morgan
Special Group Assistants
If you have questions or would like additional information about bringing a special group to campus, please contact Erica (Brooks) Spicer, UW Oshkosh’s special group coordinator, at via email (preferred) at firstname.lastname@example.org or at (920) 424-0227.
800 Algoma Boulevard
135 Dempsey Hall
Oshkosh, WI 54901
Hours of Operation:
M-F 7:45 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.