Dempsey Hall 135
800 Algoma Blvd
Oshkosh, WI 54901
High School Group Visits
We strive to provide an enjoyable and educational experience for groups that select UW Oshkosh for an on-campus college experience. In order to provide an inspiring experience for the students, please become familiar with our guidelines in the tabs below prior to submitting a request so that we can continue to provided quality group visits at UW Oshkosh.
UWO Oshkosh Campus
The largest and most well-known campus of UW Oshkosh is our main campus located in Oshkosh, Wisconsin.
- Due to the high demand of group visits, our resources are only able to host high school level groups. Please reach out to UWO PreCollege if you have a non-high school level group that you would like to bring to campus.
- Groups are schedule on a first come, first served basis of when the official request is received. We will respond to inquiries via email and phone, but dates are not held/confirmed until the official request form is received.
- We are unable to sponsor funding for group visits, including transportation, dining, lodging and “swag.”
UWO Fox Cities Campus
Located in scenic Menasha, Wisconsin, the Fox Cities campus is a great place to bring your group. With an enrollment of 714 students, the Fox campus can give your group a look at one of the 2-year campuses in the UW System.
- UWO Fox Cities campus encourages visits to be on Tuesday or Thursdays as we already have pre-scheduled staff available for tours.
- Take advantage of a unique trip experience while on campus and make Barlow Planetarium part of your visit.
- We do not have the means to provide dining on the UWO Fox Cities campus. However, we can reserve a space for you to have food delivered (if available.)
UWO Fond du Lac Campus
Just about a 30 minute drive south of Oshkosh is the UW Oshkosh Fond du Lac Campus. Your group can get a feel for a smaller campus in the UW System, while still experiencing campus life, academics and much more!
- UWO Fond du Lac campus encourages visits to be on Wednesdays as we already have pre-schedule staff available for tours.
- We do not have means to provide dining on the UWO Fond du Lac campus. However, we can reserve a space for you to have food delivered (if available).
Group Visit Scheduling Information
- Due to campus resources and on campus events group visits on the Oshkosh campus are limited to Tuesday and Thursdays with some Wednesdays. It is very rare that we will approve a visit on a Monday and Friday. You are welcome to reach out to other campus partners (ex. Academic/Major, Athletics offices) if you would like to inquire about a Monday or Friday visit.
- Fall visit requests open August 1st and continue to be reviewed until dates are full. Typically fall visit dates are close to capacity by the end of September.
- Spring visit requests can be submitted as early as August but will not begin review for visit date approval until mid-November. Spring visits are usually booked to capacity by mid-February if not sooner.
- Group fall visits begin around the second full week of classes to the week before Thanksgiving.
- Spring visits are booked from the last week of February to the week before campus commencement (we do not host groups the week of UWO spring break).
Please read before submitting your request...
- If you reached out via email or phone inquiring about a visit we will note your visit date interest but will not hold the date for you until the official group visit request form is received and approved.
- The official request form needs to be successfully received a minimum of two weeks in advance of your preferred visit date as it may take 7-10 business days to approve your request during our high group visit and travel season.
- The more information you have prepared and share in the request form the better and more efficiently we can serve you before, during and after your group visit.
- Age/grade level is not within high school.
- Date(s) requested not available and open dates are not possible for your schedule.
- Campus resources not available (host, tour guides, campus space, etc.)
- Received your request in to short of notice
- Our group visits are in high demand so we prefer group that can be on campus a minimum of 3 hours but preferably 4 especially if dining for lunch on campus.
- Group size – we do not intentionally turn away groups only because of size this often overlaps with resources or dates available.
- Reason for visit does not align with UWO mission
- Group has previously been disrespectful during visit. We do wrap up notes for each visit.
- UW Oshkosh group visits strive to provide a personalized experience that meets the needs of your students but that is only possible if we have enough adequate information in advance.
- You can request additions to the group visit skeletal itinerary within reason (in no particular order):
- ~15 minute – Welcome/Activity
- ~70 minute tour
- ~35 minute presentation
- ~10 minutes for buffer and restroom breaks
- ***Optional buffet dining experience on campus
Once you have submitted your request...
- Once you click “submit” the screen should pop to a “Thank you! Your request has been submitted” message. In addition, please check the email you provided on the request form for a confirmation that your request was successfully submitted. If you did not receive an email, we did not receive your request/information. You are welcome to email us screen shot if your internet browser is not letting you submit the form.
- If we have no follow up questions regarding your submission, we will confirm your visit request within 7 to 10 business days. If there are questions about your request, we will communicate those to you via email.
- If at any point in time you would like to verify that we have received your request, make an update to your request, or have questions on the status of your request please do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Optional Dining Accommodations
If you are interested in dining on campus during your visit, please fill out this form.
Please keep the following in mind:
- Dining must be set up prior to your visit, we cannot accommodate choosing to dine when you arrive on campus.
- The UWO Admissions Office is unable to provide funds to sponsor your dining experience. That either needs to be covered by your school/organization or by the individual students (this should all be set up ahead of time).
- Please do not fill out this form until you have successfully submitted the group visit request form below.
UWO Admission Group Visit Dates
It’s time to pick your date! The toggle below will show you the dates that we currently have available. Any dates with a school’s name next to them indicates that we already have a group coming that day and are unable to accommodate another group. If a date says ‘Not Available’ we are unable to host a group that day. Available dates will be bolded. This will be updated weekly, so make sure to check right before you go to submit your form below.
* Dates with limited resources
Updated on 9/21/2022
- Thursday, September 15 – New Horizons (DC Everest)
- Monday, September 19 – Royall High School (Elroy)
- Thursday, September 22 – Not Available
- Tuesday, September 27 – AVID Green Bay East High School
- Thursday, September 29 – WEF @ UW Oshkosh
- Thursday, October 6 – TRIO (College of Lake County – IL)
- Wednesday, October 12 – Marion High School (Waupaca)
- Tuesday, October 18 – Parkside High School (Wautoma)
- Tuesday, October 25 – Omro High School
- Wednesday, October 26 – Suring High School (Juniors & Seniors)
- Thursday, October 27 – Fond du Lac STEM Academy
- Tuesday, November 1 – Not Available
- *Thursday, November 3 –
- Tuesday, November 8 – Not Available
- Thursday, November 10 –
- Tuesday, November 15 –
- Thursday, November 17 – Suring High School (Freshman)
- Thursday, December 1 –
** Please screenshot your entries before hitting “submit” as your entries will not save if there is a problem with your browser! **
Note: Persons with disabilities needing special assistance to attend or anyone with special dietary needs should contact Erica (Brooks) Spicer (920) 424-0227 at least 72 hours before your visit. The University will provide reasonable accommodations to those requesting assistance.