All current Student Recreation members can access the outdoor turf fields by swiping their Titan Card at the Rec Plex Welcome Desk. The Rec Plex is available for open play when open and not otherwise reserved.
Rec Plex is a 4.35 acre recreational complex with multi-use synthetic turf, state-of-the-art LED lighting, a 3000+ square foot support building, and a seasonal dome from approximately November through May to allow for year-round recreation.
The following polices are in place when using the Rec Plex Turf Fields:
- Molded cleats or other athletic shoes ONLY (no metal cleats of any kind)
- No sharp objects – including tent stakes, corner flags or other objects that can penetrate the surface of the field
- No food items – including gum and sunflower seeds
- No tobacco products of any kind
- No sports drinks or liquids other than water. Alcohol is prohibited on all campus premises.
- No pets. Service dogs individually trained to do work or perform tasks for a patron with a disability are allowed in all areas of the facility.
- No bicycles or other unapproved vehicles
- Approved athletic equipment only
- All equipment must be CARRIED or WHEELED – No dragging of equipment
- No throwing, kicking, or batting balls or other objects into the fencing or building
- Participants are required to show their UWO Titan ID prior to using the fields
- Failure to comply with these policies or other instructions from Student Recreation Staff may result in participants being removed from the premises
These policies are in addition to current UWO and Student Recreation Rental Policies.
- Rentals on Weekdays (Mondays through Fridays until 5pm) limited to:
- Athletics 6am-9am and 3pm-5pm
- Sport Clubs 5pm-7pm
- Student Recreation Programs: 7pm-11pm
- Any times not utilized by the above groups will be transitioned to Open Recreation to provide students opportunities to utilize the facility. Other reservation requests will likely not be accommodated on weekdays.
- Rentals on Weekends (Friday 5pm through Sunday) limited to:
- Reservations may be made by campus and community groups to conduct camps, clinics, tournament, and other events. Charges will be assessed for these reservations. See Pricing Here.
- OSA-Recognized Student Organizations (not including athletic teams or Sport Clubs) and residence hall floors looking to host UWO Student-only programs and events may reserve the Rec Plex at no charge. Events that require a “team or registration fee” and/or involve non-UWO students are subject to the rental rates. These reservations may be for no more than three (3) hours and made no more than 30 days in advance. These groups are limited to two (2) reservations per semester.
- To request time, a Facility request Form must be completed. The form is located HERE