Transfer Advising Process
- Access your TitanWeb account.
- Video: Logging in to TitanWeb
- Access your UWO Student email, operated through Google.
- Activate your UWO NetID.
- After you have been admitted and matriculated, you will receive an email from the Admissions Office with a link to an online Transfer Appointment Request Form. Complete the form to schedule an appointment with an academic advisor. We strongly suggest you request an academic advising appointment as soon as possible.
- Send AP and CLEP scores.
- Locate enrollment date and enroll in classes, if possible. If you are able to register for your courses prior to your scheduled advising appointment, we recommend that you sign up for courses and then finalize your course selections with your advisor during your appointment.
- Sign up for placement testing if you have not completed a college level English or Math course.
- Review UWO’s housing policy and apply for housing.
- Apply for Financial Aid.
- Review Transfer Credit Evaluation and Advisement Report.
- Visit campus: Schedule a tour with UW Oshkosh Admissions, or take a virtual tour.
- Send final transcripts.
Q: How do I get my books?
A: Books can be purchased a variety of ways. Check out the bookstore website: uwobookstore.uwosh.edu. Under the “Textbooks” tab on the sidebar, you can enter your courses and generate a book list for your schedule.
Q: How do I get a parking permit?
A: There are many different types of parking options to fit your needs. Information can be found at http://parking.uwosh.edu.
Q: If I have not taken the Math or English Placement test, how can I take it now?
A: Math, English, French, Spanish & German placement tests can be taken. Tests are $5.00 ($10 starting Sept. 1 2019) and you need to have a photo ID. Please see www.uwosh.edu/testing for more information.
Q: Do I need to send my final transcript?
A: Yes! Remember to send final transcripts from your current or previous institutions. You may need to prompt admissions to have these transcripts evaluated and posted.
Q: How do I send my transcript from my college/university?
A: Transcripts can be sent electronically through your university Records/Registrar’s office.
Q: Will courses count if I repeat them?
A: Yes, courses repeated at your prior institution may transfer as repeated courses. Some majors have a repeat policy. Please ask your academic advisor.
Q: Why won’t all my courses transfer?
A: Not all courses have equivalent courses at UW Oshkosh or are at University level. If you feel that a course should be re-examined, ask your academic advisor. We will gladly take a look and help you with the process.
Q: What is interim?
A: Interim is a three-week course offered between semesters. You take one class… every day… for three hours a day… for three weeks. Interim courses are typically three-credit courses and commonly fulfill general education requirements: psychology, history, geography, etc. The interim course you sign up for is technically part of the preceding semester. Winter interim, offered in January, is actually considered part of the Fall semester. You sign up for it at the same time as your regular 14-week courses and it is included in your GPA for that semester as well. Spring interim is offered in May and is part of the Spring semester.
Q: When/how do I sign up for housing?
A: You will want to view the Department of Residence Life website: www.housing.uwosh.edu/students/my-housing where you can learn about the housing contract, rates, roommates, etc. If you have any questions, please contact the Residence Life office.
Q: How do I sign into my email or TitanWeb?
A: Admissions will contact you regarding your campus email once your tuition down payment has been paid or waived. Please follow their instructions to access your email. This is the default log-in information for your campus email:
- Username: First 5 letters of your last name + first letter or your first name + last 2 numbers of your student ID
- Password: Your 7-digit student ID number. You will be prompted to change it after logging in for the first time.
Titan Web can be easily accessed through the Titan Service bar in the upper right corner of the UWO website. This is the default log-in information for Titan Web:
- Username: W (make sure it is capitalized) and your student ID number
- Password: The first 2 letter of your first name (capitalized) + the first 2 letters of your last name (capitalized) + the last 4 numbers of your student ID
Third Party Access
Q: How do I get permission for my parent/guardian to talk to Financial Aid, Advising, etc?
A: You will need to log into Titan Web to grant access to a third party. Under the Personal Information section of Titan Web, there is a blue link that says “Grant Access to Others.” Click on this link and follow the steps to allow others to view your information.
Q: How do I schedule an appointment with my advisor?
A: Follow the instructions (PDF) from Admissions to access your UWO email account. Once you are logged in, look for an email about setting up your advising appointment. The email should contain a short online form for you to fill out, including your major of interest and availability. The form goes directly back to the Undergraduate Advising Resource Center (UARC), where it will be processed by the transfer team. Someone from the transfer team will contact you after your form has been processed to set up your appointment. (You will need to be logged in to your UWO email to access this form)
Q: How do I cancel/reschedule my appointment?
A: If you need to cancel or reschedule your appointment, please call the UARC at (920)424-1268.
Q: How far in advance can I schedule my appointment?
A: We can schedule appointments as far as three weeks in advance.
Q: What if I can’t get to UWO for an appointment?
A: If you cannot come to UWO for your appointment, we can schedule you for a Google Hangout appointment instead. If you are interested in this option, please indicate it on the online advising form and/or when you call to reschedule.
Q: Could I just stop in to talk to an advisor about classes if I’m already around campus?
A: No. For your initial transfer appointment, you must use the online form to schedule your advising appointment. We cannot guarantee the advisor for your program will be available to meet with you if we cannot reserve their time in advance.
Once you have had your initial appointment, you can simply stop by the front desk of the UARC, or call (920) 424-1268 to set up a meeting.
Q: Can I just skip filling out the online form since I’m already on the phone with a PAL?
A:The online form allows us to ensure you are matched with the correct advisor and that your transfer credits are processed and posted. It can sometimes take time for credits to be posted, and without them, the advisor will not know what classes you need to take. To ensure the best advising experience, we ask that you please fill out the online form to request your initial transfer appointment.
On the day of your appointment, please visit UW Oshkosh Parking Services to obtain a Visitor Parking Permit before arriving to Academic Advising. Bring email confirmation.
This will allow you to park in any visitor lot for the entire day. Please display the parking permit in the driver’s side window, and do not park in the metered space, handicapped space, or other restricted areas.
How to Review your Degree Audit (Advisement Report)
- Check registration date on Advisement Report–> If your registration date has passed, schedule for classes using your Advisement Report before you have met with your advisor. Classes can be changed later if necessary.
- Review Advisement Report to confirm all transfer credits have been posted, including those earned by AP & CAPP courses, CLEP, IB, etc. If credit seems to be missing, contact the Admissions Office: http://admissions.uwosh.edu
- If you have not taken an English Composition or Math course for college credit, and have never taken a UW System placement test, you will need to do so: https://www.uwosh.edu/testing/test-information/uw-system-placement-test
- Check your records for accuracy by reviewing your degree audit (Advisement Report). Watch the UARC Advisement Report video. The video will show you how to read your Advisement Report and explain the requirements here at UW Oshkosh.
- Note any questions you have and bring them to your appointment with your advisor.
Watch individual tours:
- Undergraduate Advising Resource Center (UARC)
- Counseling Center
- Career Services
- Center for Academic Resources (CAR)/Writing Center
- Dean of Students
- Registrar’s Office and Veterans Resource Center
- Financial Aid Office
- The Office of International Education
- Student’s Accounts (Cashier’s Office)
- Blackhawk Commons/Parking Services
- Reeve Memorial Union
Transfer & Re-Entry Podcasts
What is re-entry? If you are coming back to UW Oshkosh after having studied here for one or more semesters, you are a Re-Entry student.
Transfer Advising Podcast
Titan Re-Entry from Suspension Podcast
Student Success Center, Suite 202
750 Elmwood Ave.
Oshkosh, WI 54901