Fox Cities Campus
The Fox Cities campus specializes in the first two years of a University of Wisconsin education that is accessible and affordable. We combine the advantages of a small college with the resources of the world-class University of Wisconsin Oshkosh. After starting with us, you can transfer to any University of Wisconsin four-year campus or other university to complete your bachelor’s degree.
Why Choose the Fox Cities Campus
- Our small class sizes and dedicated faculty and staff will help with your individual student needs.
- The Fox Cities Campus of UW Oshkosh offers a variety of academic support services including the Writing Pad, Math Lab, Business and Economics Lab, computer labs and tutoring to help students be successful in their classes.
- You can earn a bachelor’s degree in electrical or mechanical engineering right at the Fox Cities campus.
Our campus and the Fox Valley
The Fox Cities campus is located in one of the fastest growing communities in Wisconsin. The entire area has 236,000 residents with a unique mix of urban style and small town warmth. Campus is located right next to the city of Appleton which has a population of 74,000 people. Appleton offers a variety of activities from shopping at the Fox River Mall to watching a Broadway play at the Performing Arts Center to eating at one of many ethnic restaurants. Octoberfest and the Christmas Parade are two exciting events that take place on College Avenue during the school year.
Get an associate degree or a bachelor’s in engineering
Most students who enroll on the Fox Cities campus will complete two years of general education courses before transferring to earn a bachelor’s degree. Unique to the Fox Cities campus, students can remain on campus to earn a bachelor’s degree in electrical or mechanical engineering through a collaborative engineering program with UW-Platteville.
The Fox Cities campus also offers a number of academic services and social experiences. The Conversation Club is a unique opportunity for students to practice their English in the community with an American volunteer. Student organizations offer wonderful leadership opportunities and a great chance to network within your major. Student government, Business Club and Universal Multicultural Association are three great examples of the diverse student organizations offered on campus.
About The International Program
Our program offers you the opportunity to earn an Arts and Science Associates Degree and complete the foundation courses for your bachelor’s degree in any major.
The international program at our campus provides international students with several advantages including:
- Unique Guaranteed Transfer Program ensures admission to the University of Wisconsin four-year campus of your choice, including the University of Wisconsin-Madison. You can start more than 200 majors and specialties. Our campus offers the courses you need to complete the first two years of your requirement towards a bachelor’s degree.
- Earn an associate degree before earning your bachelor’s degree.
- University of Wisconsin Colleges campuses are located in smaller communities that are safe and friendly, so you can enjoy an authentic American experience and get to know American students.
- Small classes, so you receive one-on-one help.
- Personal attention from highly-qualified professors (85% have the highest degree in their field).
- Assistance from an international student advisor to guide you through your American educational experience.
- Comprehensive orientation to help you adjust to life on your new campus.
- Strong university curriculum provides the foundation for more than 200 majors including engineering, business, finance, education and many more.
- Starting your University of Wisconsin education at the University of Wisconsin Colleges can save thousands of dollars compared to starting at the University of Wisconsin-Madison or another University of Wisconsin campus.
“I’m majoring in engineering and I chose to start my college education at the Fox Cities campus of UW Oshkosh because my sister attended this campus. People are very nice, friendly and understanding. Although I am from another country, people accept me. This has been a very interesting experience to attend college in a different country. Try it while you are young!”
–Nina Dmitrieva, Russia