Employee Training Opportunities
Mandatory Employee Training
The completion of mandatory employee training is required of all UW System employees at hire and then with retraining requirements listed below
- Title IX / Sexual Harassment (retraining required every 3 years)
- Information Security (retraining required annually)
- Mandated Reporter (required once after 10/1/2019)
Annual Refresher Process – [March 1 – March 31]
- 30 days in March to complete the required retraining
- Refresher courses for Information Security Awareness and Sexual Harassment (Title IX)
- Employees who complete the courses in January and February of that year will be exempt
- Must complete assigned retraining in March to be eligible for pay plan
How do I know if I need to take a course?
A notification email will be sent from firstname.lastname@example.org to you indicating that a course is due.
If the course is not completed within 14 days a reminder email will be sent, a second reminder email is sent if not completed after 21 days. If you
have questions or need technical support for these mandatory trainings, you can contact email@example.com.
Once notified, employees need to enroll in the courses through their My UW Portal using the mandatory training tile. When you click on the tile, you will be taken to your training dashboard, which will show your status for all three required courses. The direct links to the course will also be there if you need to take it!
Employees can review the current status of their courses through their My UW Portal using the mandatory training tile.
When you click on the tile, you will be taken to your training dashboard, which will show your status for all three required courses. The direct links to the course will also be there if you need to take it!
Campus Sponsored Trainings
Information Technology– The Division of Information Technology offers technology training, best practices, and how-to’s on the use of technology, commonly used programs, and common technology questions.
UNITED Training – Help make the University of Wisconsin Oshkosh a safer and more welcoming place for the LGBTQIA+ community by participating in UNITED Training. Participants take part in a 1.5 hour workshop designed to teach best practices for being an effective ally to the LGBTQIA+ community.
Supervisors in Action: Managing the UWO Workforce
Supervisors in Action is geared towards building the foundation for our supervisors and equipping them with the knowledge and skills to be effective in their roles. The comprehensive agenda covers the essential building blocks to supervisory excellence—including Employment Law, Risk Management, Employment Relations and Managing Performance.
Who should attend? This training is open to anyone that directly supervises employees of the University. Experience level does not matter because this training will be relevant for:
- Anyone newly hired or recently promoted to a supervisor position on campus without any past experience managing people
- Those with experience supervising on campus but may want a refresher on the unique role and expectations of supervisors
- Those with experience supervising from past jobs but need to understand how to apply their experience to working at UWO
You can now register for the Summer 2023 Session, which will be held July 10-13, 2023.
Employee Assistance Program Trainings
Did you know our EAP program offers training? Kepro, our EAP vendor, offers a variety of training options for individual employees and departments.
- Individual Employees – Employees can access free training by creating an account on the Kepro website. (Company code is SOWI). Training formats include live webinars, online soft skills courses and articles covering a variety of topics. Some examples of the topics covered include communication, teamwork and time management skills. These trainings are a great way to work on professional development goals and are a no-cost, on-demand solution for employees.
- Department/Unit/College Training – Our university has access to a set amount of training hours each year. Trainings are offered based on the Kepro course catalog and needs of the department or unit. Trainings are typically one hour long and offered by a contracted training professional. Supervisors that are interested in offering a training session in their area should contact firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss next steps.
Employee Essentials is a series of one-hour sessions designed to educate employees on campus culture and compliance-related issues. While this program is facilitated by human resources, the sessions are presented by the various subject-matter-experts on our campuses. These sessions are offered during the academic year and are open to all employees. To view the Spring 2023 schedule, please click here.
Latest Employee Employee Essential Training
Staying Safe At Work
Compliance, Risk and Integrity goes over emergency procedures and more to keep you safe.
Previous Employee Employee Essential Training
Waste and Procurement Sustainability
Know the ins and outs with sustainable waste from our sustainability experts.
Watch on Vimeo
Marketing & Branding on Campus
Find out when and how to use UWO branding for our marketing team
Happy Titans: Employee Wellness Opportunities
Find opportunities at work to to facilitate wellness.
Facilities Management Work Order Process
Work with our Facilities Department to get your work order fulfilled.
Watch on Vimeo
Can I Shred this?
Want to know if you can safely shred old information?
Watch on Vimeo
Understanding Your EAP Program
Want to know the ins and outs of the UWO EAP programs. Watch the video below to find out more.
Watch on Vimeo
Purchasing For UW Oshkosh
Want to know the basics of purchasing for UWO? Watch the video below to find out more.
Watch on Vimeo
FERPA Basics: What All Employees Need to Know
The Family Educational Rights & Privacy Act is a Federal law that covers the privacy of student records. This session will let you know what information you can give out, what you can’t, and to whom.