We encourage all new employees to attend an orientation session. These sessions are offered every other Tuesday. Check out the upcoming events calendar on the HR home page to view the current schedule. You don’t need to register for these sessions, just simply show up!
There are two different sessions offered:
- New Employee Basics – These sessions are open to all new employees, regardless of employment type or classification. Attendees will get an overview of campus and hear about some of the perks of working at UWO! Click here for a copy of the presentation covered in the session.
- Benefits Orientation– These virtual sessions are open to benefit-eligible employees. Benefit-eligible employees will receive an email from firstname.lastname@example.org with their enrollment deadline and instructions on how to make benefit elections. New employees must make their benefit elections within 30 days, so it’s important to attend a session soon after you start.
|Alex – In an effort to make benefits elections less stressful for new employees, the UW System offers ALEX, an online tool for anyone who wants a better understanding of the benefits plans offered at the UW System. Please note that you cannot actually enroll in any benefits plans through ALEX.
UW System – General benefit information for new UW System employees, including summaries and eligibility information
WI Department of Employee Trust Funds – ETF administers retirement, insurance and other benefit programs for state and local government employees, including employees that work at UW System campuses.
Faculty/ Instructional Academic Staff
Each fall, the Provost’s Office coordinates an orientation event for new Faculty and Instructional Academic Staff. For more information about their orientation program, please visit the Academic Affairs website.
Moving to the Area
We realize that some employees not only start a new career at UW Oshkosh, but they also join a new community. If you are relocating to work at one of our campuses, here are some resources you may find useful:
- Oshkosh Area Chamber of Commerce
- Propel Oshkosh – Propel Oshkosh is a development and networking group for young professionals that was started in 2003. Propel is overseen by a volunteer board of directorsand committees and is an affiliate of the Oshkosh Chamber of Commerce.
- Oshkosh Convention and Visitors Bureau
- Oshkosh Area School District
Fox Cities Area:
Fond du Lac Area:
Additionally, if you are interested in learning more about the housing market in Oshkosh, click here!