Continuity Of Operations Planning (COOP)
- Plans and comprehensive procedures
- Provisions for alternate sites, personnel, resources, communications, and vital records and databases.
Why is COOP planning important?
- Ensures the continuous performance of a department’s essential services/operations during an emergency
- Minimizes critical decisions in a time of crisis
- Reduces dependence on specific personnel
- Minimizes loss of data and revenue
- Maintains public image and reputation
How to get started:
The UW Oshkosh Police Department is available to assist any department that is interested in implementing or updating their own COOP plan. If you require additional information and/or would like to start a plan for your department, please contact Lt. Trent Martin.