Emergency Notifications (Titan Alerts)
Being signed up for TITAN ALERT should be automatic however, if you’d like to make sure you’re signed up here’s what you can do.
- Go to https://getrave.com/
- Type “Oshkosh” in the search bar then select either of the two options that populate.
- Login using your netID (if you don’t have an netID and you’re not a student or employee – download UWO Mobile.
- Once you’ve logged in the page will redirect you back to the screen where you searched for the word “Oshkosh” – this is normal. Search for “Oshkosh” again and select either of the two options.
- Now you should be logged into your personal Titan Alert page and you can make sure you have an email and cell phone verified.
If you have questions, please email email@example.com and we’ll get in touch.
UW Oshkosh Notification Types:
Emails – automatically enrolled when you’re a UW Oshkosh student or employee. If you’re not a student or an employee at UW Oshkosh, UW Fox Cities or UW Fond du Lac you cannot receive email notifications.
Text Messages – Students and employees who have a cell phone number on file with UW Oshkosh will be opted in for text message alerts at UW Oshkosh.
Social Media – If you follow any of the following accounts you’ll receive these alerts in your feed depending on how those social media businesses display information (UW Oshkosh Police Facebook, UW Oshkosh Police Twitter).
UWO Mobile App – Available at Google Play and App Store is our mobile app. This app is loaded with safety features and resources for students, employees and campus guests. This should be the first thing you download before arriving at UW Oshkosh. If we’re pushing out a notification to the campus community via email the app will receive a push notification with the exact same information.
Desktop Notifications – This software allows us to send a notification to each UW Oshkosh computer, taking over the screen until the user acknowledges the message. Once the messages is acknowledged, the person using the device can return to the prior screen to continue their work. The message will appear on all UWO owned computers used in classrooms, labs and workspaces. This does not impact personal (non-UWO) computers.
If you have any questions about emergency notifications or the resources available, please contact us.