Campus Accessibility & Accommodations
It is the policy of the University of Wisconsin Oshkosh to provide reasonable accommodations for qualified persons with disabilities who are employees or applicants for employment as well as for students.
If you are a job applicant, and need assistance or accommodations in the application and/or interview process because of a disability (physical or mental impairment), please contact the Office of Equal Opportunity, Equity & Affirmative Action. Employment opportunities will not be denied to anyone because of the need to make reasonable accommodations to a person’s disability.
If you are an employee seeking accommodations for a disability, please view UWO’s Reasonable Accommodation policy, and complete the Reasonable Accommodation Request Form. You may also contact the Office of Equal Opportunity, Equity & Affirmative Action directly.
If you are a student or prospective student, the Accessibility Center in the Dean of Students Office is committed to providing services and support for students with disabilities. Offering a range of resources, the Accessibility Center coordinates reasonable accommodations for students with disabilities, providing students an opportunity to reach their highest level of success along with promoting independence and self-advocacy.
Who is UW Oshkosh’s ADA Coordinator ?
When to Contact the ADA Coordinator
As an Applicant or Employee:
- If you are unsure whether your medical condition (physical or mental) is covered under the ADA.
- If you have questions about your rights and responsibilities under the ADA.
- If you need assistance with the accommodation process.
- If you have concerns about discrimination, harassment or retaliation based on disability or the need for accommodations.
As a Manager or Supervisor:
- As soon as you become aware of a disability-related employment matter or an employee requests an accommodation.
- If you are unsure whether a disability may be present (do not ask the applicant or employee).
- To send a copy of medical information or documentation that is needed for ADA purposes.
- In order to make a decision to approve, modify, or deny an accommodation request, as required by the UW Oshkosh disability accommodation policy.
- Before imposing disciplinary action, up to and including termination, when there is a disability or a perceived disability.
- If you want the ADA Coordinator to give a presentation or workshop to supervisors in your unit or department.