Coronavirus Office Hours
The Counselors will be available Monday-Friday 8:00 am - 4:00 pm. Counselors also will be available via phone call, email or virtual appointments.
Federal School Code
Unsubsidized Student Loan
Students may be awarded both subsidized and unsubsidized loans based on Expected Family Contribution (EFC) calculated by the federal government from FAFSA information.
Federal Direct Stafford Unsubsidized loans will accrue interest from the time the loan is disbursed to the student. However, repayment can be deferred up to six months after graduation. A student does not have to make any payments on the loan while enrolled in school at least half time (6 undergraduate credits or 4.5 graduate credits), but may choose to pay the interest as it accrues. It is always in your best interest to borrow what you need.
Interest Rates and Origination Fees
- Loans after July 1, 2021: Undergraduate = 3.73% Graduate = 5.28%
- Loans after July 1, 2020: Undergraduate = 2.75% Graduate = 4.30%
- Loans after July 1, 2019: 4.53%
- Loans after July 1, 2018: 6.60%
- Oct. 1, 2020-Sept. 30, 2021: 1.057%
- Oct. 1, 2019–Sept. 30, 2020: 1.059%
- Oct. 1, 2018–Sept. 30, 2019: 1.062%
- Oct. 1, 2017–Sept. 30, 2018: 1.066
Origination fees are automatically deducted upon disbursement by the U.S. Department of Education. For specific information on grace, deferment and repayment, visit the loan repayment page.
Student loans have annual amount limits based on the number of credits a student has earned. The actual amount may be less depending on the student’s financial resources (other aid awarded) and cost of attendance.
|Time frame||Additional Unsubsidized Amount|
|First year |
|Second year |
|Third year and beyond|
|Aggregate Borrowing Limit||$8,000|
|Time frame||Unubsidized Amount Limit|
|Third year and beyond|
|Aggregate Borrowing Limit||$34,500|
|Time frame||Total Annual Maximum unsubsidized|
|Aggregate Borrowing Limit||$138,500|
150% Direct Unsubsidized Loan Limit
For first-time borrowers, there is a limit on the maximum period of time (measured in academic years) that you can receive direct unsubsidized loans. In general, you may not receive unsubsidized loans for more than 150% of the length of your program.
Unsubsidized Loan Processing
- To be considered for the loan, students must file the FAFSA.
- Students must accept the Federal Direct Stafford Unsubsidized Loan (referred to as unsubsidized loan) on TitanWeb.
- In order to receive the loan, students must complete Entrance Loan Counseling and the Master Promissory Note (MPN). Learn more
- Loans cannot be disbursed unless the loan counseling and MPN are completed.
Information for Fall Graduates
In accordance with federal regulation, 34 CFR 682.204 (a), (d), your student loans must be adjusted to reflect your enrollment for your final term of study if you were not enrolled in summer term. This regulation requires the school to prorate your student loan(s) based on the number of credits you are enrolled in at the time of disbursement. Proration is done by dividing your maximum student loan eligibility for fall semester. If your loans must be prorated, you will be contacted by our office.
Hours and Location
Dempsey Hall, Room 104
Walk-In Hours: 8:00 a.m.–4:00 p.m.
Office Hours: 8 a.m.–4:30 p.m.
Financial Aid Office
800 Algoma Blvd.
Oshkosh, WI 54901