Welcome to the University of Wisconsin Oshkosh College of Nursing.
UW Oshkosh College of Nursing is committed to promoting health and wellness of our community and beyond by nurturing healthcare leaders through professional education.
Our steadfast history started with the founding Dean Dr. Helen Dorsch in 1966, with 27 students in a baccalaureate nursing program. The College of Nursing significantly grew and evolved through the years, with around 1000 active students per year in our baccalaureate, master’s and doctoral programs – online and on-campus. We are fortunate to have approximately 100 devoted nursing faculty and staff as well as over 350 clinical partners throughout Wisconsin, across the U.S. in approved states, and overseas.
We have advanced through a rapidly changing healthcare environment to meet the needs of our society thanks to unwavering dedication and support from our faculty, staff, alumni, donors, community partners, and the university. Together, we build upon our legacy.
Today, we offer student-centered education in an inclusive and innovative learning environment. Our points of pride include the following.
- Our College is Ranked Among Top 100 in the Nation.
UWO is ranked as one of the top 100 for public nursing schools in the nation and #3 among public and private schools in Wisconsin for 2022 by Nursing Schools Almanac. In 2021, UWO’s online BSN@Home program was ranked #1 in Wisconsin.
- Our Programs are Accredited.
The baccalaureate degree program in nursing, master’s degree program in nursing, and Doctor of Nursing Practice program are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education. The Doctor of Nursing Practice–Nurse Anesthesia Emphasis is accredited by the Council on Accreditation of Nurse Anesthesia Educational Programs.
- Our Clinical Experiences include:
- Study Abroad Opportunities for undergraduate students during semester interims
- Community Engagement through in-person clinical experiences at nationally/regionally recognized clinical agencies
- Nursing simulation and debriefing with trained instructors
- Our Graduates are Thriving.
- Excellent First-Time Pass Rates. Our graduates consistently exceed the national pass rate for the National Licensure Examination for Registered Nurses (NCLEX-RN). At the doctoral level, our cumulative average pass rates (2020-22) for national certification exams for Family Nurse Practitioner and Nurse Anesthesia also exceed the national average.
- Student employment. Our alumni enjoy successful careers at major healthcare institutions. Top 10 Employers of UW Oshkosh College of Nursing Graduates in 2021 are ThedaCare, Ascension, Advocate-Aurora Health, UW Health, SSM Health, Unity Point Health-Meriter, Aspirus Health, Froedtert Hospital, Children’s Hospital, and Mercy Health.
The UWO College of Nursing’s academic excellence and student success are co-established by our faculty, staff, alumni, donors, community partners, and the University. We take pride in nurturing the next generation of caring and scholarly nurse leaders in healthcare, in a collaborative and empowering learning environment.
I invite you to join us at the College of Nursing. Let us be a part of your journey as a life-long learner! Together, we will celebrate our successes and contributions. Together, we will shape the future of healthcare and continue to build upon our legacy. I welcome you to explore our website and visit our campus to discover all that UWO College of Nursing has to offer.
Seon Yoon Chung, PhD, RN, CNE, CHSE
Dean and Professor, University of Wisconsin Oshkosh College of Nursing