The College of Nursing uses a holistic admission process that identifies students who are the best fit for this option. Please follow the directions carefully to complete all sections of the application process.
|Start Date||Accelerated BSN application postmarked by|
|February Cohort||July 30|
|May Cohort||October 30|
|October Cohort||March 30|
Step 1 – Assessment of Eligibility
All applicants are required to submit an online Assessment of Eligibility form and complete a course credit transfer evaluation by sending their unofficial transcripts to the Accelerated Pre-Nursing Adviser at email@example.com.
Upon completion of the credit evaluation and eligibility assessment, the Accelerated Pre-Nursing Adviser will contact you and you will be eligible to apply to the program.
Step 2 – Apply to the University
- Applying to: UW-Oshkosh
- Major: Nursing *(Online)
- Apply as: Transfer student/second undergraduate degree
- Degree sought: BSN
- Intended major: Accelerated Nursing
- Semester/Term: Apply to the next available term
- Official transcripts from all previously attended colleges and/or universities must be directly sent to the UW Oshkosh Admissions Office.
Office of Undergraduate Admissions
P.O. Box 2423
Oshkosh, WI 54903-2423
Official transcripts can also be Emailed: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please do not send transcripts to the Accelerated Nursing office as this will delay the application process.
Step 3 – Apply to the Accelerated BSN Option
- Complete all sections of the written application.
- Be sure to include all supporting documents (listed below).
- Applications must be received by the deadline.
- We will communicate to you via your UW Oshkosh Titan Email only. Check your UW Oshkosh Titan Email often during this process.
- Background Information Disclosure Form
- Current Resume (two pages maximum)
- GPA Calculation Form
- Copy of CNA Certificate
- Online license verification or copy of your certification from your state board Nurse Aide Registry.
Submit written application with all supporting materials to CONAccelApply@uwosh.edu.
- Transfer Student Disclosure Form
- Form(s) must be completed for all post-secondary institutions attended. Form is filled out by student and sent to the corresponding institution.
If you have attended or were unsuccessful in another professional healthcare program, a letter from the program director or dean stating you left in good standing will be required before your application can be reviewed. Please see Page 4, #3 of the application.
Step 4 – Criminal Background Check
- Following the application deadline, applicants will receive an email from the College of Nursing with details about completing a criminal background check.
- Criminal background check fees are considered an out-of-pocket expense to be paid by student.
- Results of criminal and campus background checks comply with standards required for clinical placement.
Step 5 – Admission Interview and Decision
Eligible applicants will be contacted via your UW Oshkosh Titan email to schedule a phone interview. Applicants can expect an email notification of an admission decision from the Accelerated Option after all interviews have concluded. Please check your UW Oshkosh Titan email often.
A non-refundable $5,000 tuition deposit is due within two weeks of acceptance into the Accelerated Option. This tuition deposit is due before any financial aid can be awarded.