October Cohort Priority Deadline
Applications for the October 2022 accelerated BSN cohort will be reviewed on a first-come, first-served basis until June 30, 2022 or until cohort is full.
The College of Nursing uses a holistic admission process that identifies students who are the best fit for this option. Please follow the directions carefully to complete all sections of the application process.
|Start Date||Accelerated BSN application postmarked by|
|February Cohort||July 30|
|May Cohort||October 30|
|October Cohort||Priority Deadline March 30 – Applications are reviewed on a first come, first served basis until June 30 or until cohort is full.|
Step 1 – Apply to the University
- Applying to: UW-Oshkosh
- Major: Nursing *(Online)
- Apply as: Transfer student/second undergraduate degree
- Degree sought: BSN
- Intended major: Accelerated Nursing
- Semester/Term: Apply to the next available term
- Official transcripts from all previously attended colleges and/or universities must be directly sent to the UW Oshkosh Admissions Office.
Office of Undergraduate Admissions
P.O. Box 2423
Oshkosh, WI 54903-2423
Official transcripts can also be Emailed: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please do not send transcripts to the Accelerated Nursing office as this will delay the application process.
Step 2 – Apply to the Accelerated BSN Option ~ October 2022 Cohort Only. February 2023 Application available July 1, 2022
- Complete all sections of the written application.
- Application and all supporting documents (listed below) must be received by the deadline.
- Background Information Disclosure Form
- Current Resume (two pages maximum)
- GPA Calculation Form
- Copy of CNA Certificate
- Online license verification or copy of your certification from your state board Nurse Aide Registry.
Submit written application with all supporting materials to: CONAccelApply@uwosh.edu.
- Transfer Student Disclosure Form
- Form(s) must be completed for all post-secondary institutions attended. Form is filled out by student and sent to the corresponding institution.
If you have attended or were unsuccessful in another professional healthcare program, a letter from the program director or dean stating you left in good standing will be required before your application can be reviewed. Please see Page 4, #3 of the application.
Step 3 – Criminal Background Check
- Following the application deadline, applicants will receive an email from the College of Nursing with details about completing a criminal background check.
- Criminal background check fees are considered an out-of-pocket expense to be paid by student.
- Results of criminal and campus background checks comply with standards required for clinical placement.
Step 4 – Admission Interview and Decision
Eligible applicants will be contacted via your UW Oshkosh Titan email to schedule a phone interview. Applicants can expect an email notification of an admission decision from the Accelerated Option after all interviews have concluded. Please check your UW Oshkosh Titan email often.
A non-refundable $5,000 tuition deposit is due within two weeks of acceptance into the Accelerated Option. This tuition deposit is due before any financial aid can be awarded.
Prepare all required documents before starting the form. All fields are to be completed or marked “none” or “N/A” if they do not apply. Once submitted, the form cannot be retrieved.
- CNA/LPN Certification
- 4 required essays *upload in one document to include all 4 essays
Optional Documents (If applicable)
- TEAS Results ~ if Bachelor’s Degree GPA is below 2.50
- TOEFL ~ if previous degree is obtained outside of U.S.A.
- Transfer Student Disclosure Form ~ if you previously attended a clinical nursing program or the clinical portion of another healthcare major, you will need to upload a completed Transfer Student Disclosure form from the institution you attended.
- Proof of Enrollment ~ if you are completing a pre-requisite course, upload proof of enrollment.
- Appeal ~ upload approved appeal response letter
- Optional Information Essay