The College of Nursing uses a holistic admission process that identifies students who are the best fit for this option. Please follow the directions carefully to complete all sections of the application process.
|Start Date||Accelerated BSN application postmarked by|
|February Cohort||July 30|
|May Cohort||October 30|
|October Cohort||March 30|
Step 1 – Assessment of Eligibility
All applicants are required to submit an online Assessment of Eligibility form and complete a course credit transfer evaluation by sending their unofficial transcripts to the Accelerated Pre-Nursing Adviser at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Upon completion of the credit evaluation and eligibility assessment, the Accelerated Pre-Nursing Adviser will contact you and you will be eligible to apply to the program.
Step 2 – Apply to the University
- Applying to: UW-Oshkosh
- Major: Nursing *(Online)
- Major Plan Code: J74099555
- Major Program code: UGNUR
- Apply as: Transfer student/second undergraduate degree
- Degree sought: BSN
- Intended major: Accelerated Nursing
- Semester/Term: Apply to the next available term
- Official transcripts from all previously attended colleges and/or universities must be directly sent to the UW Oshkosh Admissions Office.
Office of Undergraduate Admissions
P.O. Box 2423
Oshkosh, WI 54903-2423
- Please do not send transcripts to the Accelerated Nursing office as this will delay the application process.
Step 3 – Apply to the Accelerated BSN Option
Part A | Written Application
- Complete all sections of the written application.
- Be sure to include all supporting documents (listed below).
- Applications must be received by the deadline.
- We will communicate to you via your UW Oshkosh Titan Email only. Check your UW Oshkosh Titan Email often during this process.
Submit written application with supporting materials to CONAccelApply@uwosh.edu.
Part B | Supporting Materials
- Background Information Disclosure Form – Do not staple
- Current Resume (two pages maximum) – Do not staple
- Transfer Student Disclosure Form
- Form(s) must be completed for all post-secondary institutions attended. Form is filled out by student and sent to the corresponding institution.
- GPA Calculation Form
- Copy of CNA Certificate
- Online license verification or copy of your certification from your state board Nurse Aide Registry showing the expiration date.
If you have attended or were unsuccessful in another professional healthcare program, a letter from the program director or dean stating you left in good standing will be required before your application can be reviewed. Please see Page 4, #3 of the application.
Step 4 – Criminal Background Check
- Following the application deadline, applicants will receive an email from the College of Nursing with details about completing a criminal background check.
- Criminal background check fees are considered an out-of-pocket expense to be paid by student.
- Results of criminal and campus background checks comply with standards required for clinical placement.
Step 5 – Admission Interview and Decision
Eligible applicants will be contacted via your UW Oshkosh Titan email to schedule a phone interview. Applicants can expect an email notification of an admission decision from the Accelerated Option after all interviews have concluded. Please check your UW Oshkosh Titan email often.
A non-refundable $5,000 tuition deposit is due within two weeks of acceptance into the Accelerated Option. This tuition deposit is due before any financial aid can be awarded.