The College of Nursing uses a holistic admission process that identifies students who are the best fit for this option. Please follow the directions carefully to complete all sections of the application process.
|Start Date||Accelerated BSN application postmarked by|
|February Cohort||July 15|
|May Cohort||October 15|
|October Cohort||March 15|
Step 1 – Assessment of Eligibility
All applicants are required to submit an online Assessment of Eligibility form and complete a course credit transfer evaluation by sending their unofficial transcripts to the Accelerated Pre-Nursing Adviser at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Upon completion of the credit evaluation and eligibility assessment, the Accelerated Pre-Nursing Adviser will contact you and you will be eligible to apply to the program.
Step 2 – Apply to the University
- Apply as: Transfer student/second undergraduate degree
- Degree sought: BSN
- Intended major: Accelerated Nursing
- Semester/Term: Apply to the next available term
- Official transcripts from all previously attended colleges and/or universities must be directly sent to the UW Oshkosh Admissions Office.
Office of Undergraduate Admissions
P.O. Box 2423
Oshkosh, WI 54903-2423
- Please do not send transcripts to the Accelerated Nursing office as this will delay the application process.
Step 3 – Apply to the Accelerated BSN Option
Part A | Written Application
- A written application will be provided to applicants, from the Pre-Nursing Advisor, after the applicant has been admitted to the University and an official transfer credit report has been completed by the Admissions Office.
- Complete and print all sections of the written application.
- Be sure to include all supporting documents (listed below).
- Applications must be postmarked by the deadlines at the top of this page. The College of Nursing will not accept applications via email.
- Once application materials are submitted, we communicate updates via your UW Oshkosh Titan Email only. Check your UW Oshkosh Titan Email often during this process.
Submit written application with supporting materials to:
Undergraduate Nursing Program
Admission Application–Accelerated BSN
College of Nursing, Clow Faculty 112
800 Algoma Blvd.
Oshkosh, WI 54901-8660
Part B | Supporting Materials
- Background Information Disclosure Form – Do not staple
- Current Resume (two pages maximum) – Do not staple
- Transfer Student Disclosure Form
- Form(s) must be completed for all post-secondary institutions attended. Form is filled out by student, sent to the corresponding institution, and mailed directly from the institution to the address listed on the form.
- GPA Calculation Form
- Copy of CNA Certificate
- Online license verification or copy of your certification from your state board Nurse Aide Registry showing the expiration date.
- Appeal Form (For students not meeting admission requirements)
- This form is not required unless an exception is needed for one or more admission requirements. Submit completed appeal form to email@example.com if an advanced decision is desired OR attach the appeal form to the front of your written application. If you receive pre-approval for an appeal, you must attach the original appeal form with the statement of approval to the front of your written application.
If you have attended or were unsuccessful in another professional healthcare program, a letter from the program director or dean stating you left in good standing will be required before your application can be reviewed.
Step 4 – Criminal Background Check
- Following the application deadline, applicants will receive an email from the College of Nursing with details about completing a criminal background check.
- Criminal background check fees are considered an out-of-pocket expense to be paid by student.
- Results of criminal and campus background checks comply with standards required for clinical placement.
Step 5 – Admission Interview and Decision
Eligible applicants will be contacted via your UW Oshkosh Titan email to schedule a phone interview. Applicants can expect an email notification of an admission decision from the Accelerated Option 6 – 8 weeks after all interviews have concluded. Please check your UW Oshkosh Titan email often.
A non-refundable $5,000 tuition deposit is due within two weeks of acceptance into the Accelerated Option. This tuition deposit is due before any financial aid can be awarded.