The College of Nursing uses a holistic admission process that identifies students who are the best fit for this option. Please follow the directions carefully to complete all sections of the application process.
|Applications are reviewed on a first received, first considered basis.|
Application will be available May 1st
We are currently accepting applications to the February 2024 Cohort until filled.
|May Cohort||Application will be available October 1st|
Application will be available February 1st
Step 1 – Apply to the University
- Applying to: UW-Oshkosh
- Major: Nursing *(Online)
- Apply as: Transfer student/second undergraduate degree
- Degree sought: BSN
- Intended major: Accelerated Nursing
- Semester/Term: Apply to the next available term
- Official transcripts from all previously attended colleges and/or universities must be directly sent to the UW Oshkosh Admissions Office.
Office of Undergraduate Admissions
P.O. Box 2423
Oshkosh, WI 54903-2423
Official transcripts can also be Emailed: email@example.com
- Please do not send transcripts to the Accelerated Nursing office as this will delay the application process.
STEP 2 - Apply to the Accelerated BSN option *You must be admitted to the University and have a net ID to apply
Prepare all required documents before starting the form. All fields are to be completed or marked “none” or “N/A” if they do not apply. Once submitted, the form cannot be retrieved.
You must be admitted to the University, activated your NetID and have your UW Oshkosh email address to access the application form.
Access the application form here: Accelerated Bachelor of Science in Nursing Application
- CNA/LPN Certification, EMT Paramedic Certification
- Resume (2 page maximum)
- 4 Required Essays *upload in one document to include all 4 essays
- Follow these guidelines for all essays
- One page limit for each item (A – D)
- Double space with one inch margins
- Use 12pt. Times New Roman
- Include your full name and essay title on top of each page
A. Personal Statement
The vision of the College of Nursing is to develop caring and scholarly nurse leaders who positively impact contemporary and future health care. With this in mind, why do you want to be a professional nurse and what gifts/talents will you bring to the profession?
B. Activities Reflecting a Service Orientation [volunteer work]
Describe the impact that your volunteer work (family, campus, community, or country) had on your life. If you are/were a collegiate athlete or military experience include it here. If you were involved in a service trip, include it here.
C. Experience with Diversity
Describe the impact that your experience working with diverse groups or individuals had on your life. Diverse people may include race/ethnicity, sexual orientation/identity, economic disparity and generational factors, veteran’s status, or non-traditional students with diverse life experience.
D. Diversity and Overcoming Challenges
Please give an example of a personal experience with overcoming a challenge or barrier.
Optional Documents (If applicable)
- Manager-Supervisor Assessment of Patient Care Activites (1) with at least 50% of 4s and 5s if healthcare experience is not classified CNA
- TEAS Results ~ if Bachelor’s Degree GPA is below 2.50
- TOEFL ~ if previous degree is obtained outside of U.S.A. and instruction was not in the English language.
- TRANSFER-STUDENT-DISCLOSURE_ACCELERATED ~ if you previously attended a clinical nursing program or the clinical portion of another healthcare major, you will need to submit a letter, written by the Dean or the Department Chair, on College letterhead indicating you left in “good standing” in both academics and conduct and you will need to upload a completed Transfer Student Disclosure form from the institution you attended. *Please add your return email at bottom of form (Institution will return to applicant)
- Proof of Enrollment ~ if you are completing a pre-requisite course, upload proof of enrollment.
- Appeal ~ upload approved appeal response letter
- Optional Information Essay ~ Follow Essay parameters above
- Please tell us anything else you think we need to know about you and consider in the admission process. If you have any positive findings on your background check, criminal record, policy violations, or conduct cases from Oshkosh, other cities or municipalities, or University Police, Dean of Student’s Office, Residence Life, etc. please add an explanation for the Academic Standing Committee. This will, along with the rest of the application, remain confidential.
*Upon submission of your application, complete Step 3 (Background Check) Due one week from date application was submitted.
Step 3 – Criminal Background Check
- Deadline to complete Background Check is one week from date application was submitted.
- After the application form has been submitted, complete the appropriate background check (below).
- Criminal background check fees are considered an out-of-pocket expense to be paid by student.
- Results of criminal and campus background checks comply with standards required for clinical placement.
First time Applying to a cohort: If you have not applied to the UWO Accelerated BSN Option for the College of Nursing in the past, you will purchase the tracker: UE23
Previously Applied to another cohort: If you have previously applied to the UWO Accelerated BSN Option for the College of Nursing you will need to complete another background check and purchase UE23re.
Step 4 – Admission Decision
Eligible applicants will be contacted via your UW Oshkosh Email of an admission decision. Please check your UW Oshkosh Email often.
A non-refundable $5,000 tuition deposit is due within two weeks of acceptance into the Accelerated Option. This tuition deposit is due before any financial aid can be awarded.