Detailed information for specific admission requirements—including prerequisite courses, Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS) and criminal background check—can be found on the application process page.
Due to the competitive nature of the admissions process, applicants should understand that meeting the minimum required criteria does not guarantee admission into the College of Nursing. Applicants will be screened, and the qualified individuals will be invited for an interview.
- Admission to the University of Wisconsin Oshkosh
- Sophomore standing (30 credits completed)
- Minimum of 2.8 GPA on the completed pre-nursing requirements (see courses listed below)
- All of the required courses and a total of 45 credits must be completed with a minimum “C” grade by the end of the semester in which you are applying. (CD or C- are not acceptable).
- Standardized nursing entrance test: the adjusted individual total score at or above the national mean (65.6%), (cost assumed by student). Please note that the testing company adjusts means periodically.
- Written statement demonstrating values appropriate for professional nursing (see application)
- Completion of nursing assistant course with clinical component and Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) certification (all states’ certifications are accepted for admission purposes).
- Results of criminal and campus background checks comply with standards required for clinical placement.
- Nursing GPA of 3.25 or above.
- Standardized nursing entrance test: the adjusted individual total score at or above the BSN program mean (70.4%).
- CNA work experience or other approved relevant direct patient care experience totaling at least 240 hours
- Activities reflecting a lifetime total of 20 hours of service orientation. (i.e. service to community, church, family, country, profession or campus)
- Experience with diverse populations (i.e. varying age groups, developmentally disabled, ethnic groups, individuals with special needs, etc.).
This form is not required unless an exception is needed for one or more admission requirements.
- Appeal Form – Click here for the Appeal Policy For Nursing Students
- Submit completed appeal form to firstname.lastname@example.org if an advanced decision is desired. Otherwise, you may attach the appeal form to the front of your College of Nursing application.
- If you received approval for an appeal that pertains to your qualifications for admission, you must attach the appeal form along with the letter of approval to the front of your College of Nursing application.
*Students are required to complete certain immunizations, including COVID-19 vaccination to meet requirements of clinical agencies. Exemptions are possible with some agencies but are not guaranteed.