Detailed information for specific admission requirements—including prerequisite courses, Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS) and criminal background check—can be found on the application process page.
Due to the competitive nature of the admissions process, applicants should understand that meeting the minimum required criteria does not guarantee admission into the College of Nursing. Applicants will be screened, and the most qualified individuals will be invited for an interview.
- Admission to UW Oshkosh
- Sophomore standing (30 credits completed)
- Minimum 3.0 GPA on required nursing prerequisite courses, with no course grade less than a C
(C- and CD are not acceptable)
- Completion of standardized nursing admission test—Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS)—with passing score at or above the current national average: 65.6%
- Criminal background check
- Written statement demonstrating values appropriate for professional nursing
- Proof of current certificate as a nursing assistant (CNA) in any state
- 3.25 GPA or higher for nursing prerequisite courses
- Completion of TEAS with passing score at or above the current College of Nursing average: 70.4%
- Work experience as a CNA
- Activities reflecting service (i.e. community volunteer work, student athlete, student organizations, etc.) within the last two years
- Experience working with diverse populations (i.e. age groups, individuals with disabilities or special needs, underrepresented ethnicities, etc.)
This form is not required unless an exception is needed for one or more admission requirements.
- Appeal Form – Click here for the Appeal Policy For Nursing Students
- Submit completed appeal form to firstname.lastname@example.org if an advanced decision is desired. Otherwise, you may attach the appeal form to the front of your College of Nursing application.
- If you received approval for an appeal that pertains to your qualifications for admission, you must attach the appeal form along with the letter of approval to the front of your College of Nursing application.