Accelerated Online Bachelor’s to BSN
All applicants are required to complete an initial Assessment of Eligibility form for our Accelerated Pre-Nursing Advisor. Upon completion of the assessment of eligibility the application will be provided to you.
Courses are completed at the rate of one credit hour per week with few scheduled breaks throughout the year. Clinical rotations are completed via the preceptor model, secured by Clinical Placement Coordinators (for more information please reference the clinical rotations tab). The Accelerated Option currently has three cohorts: February to February, May to May and October to October; with the introductory course starting approximately 6 weeks prior to orientation.
|Deadlines:||Admitted to UWO by:||Application to Accelerated Nursing Program Received by:|
|February Cohort||July 1st||July 15th|
|May Cohort||September 1st||September 15th|
|October Cohort||March 1st||March 15th|
- Theory courses are offered online
- Clinical rotations are completed in the student’s home community, mentored one-on-one by nurse preceptors and secured by clinical coordinators.
- Clinical rotations are supervised by College of Nursing clinical faculty
- It is suggested that students forgo all employment while completing the Accelerated Option. Students are also advised to limit other non-student commitments during the year. Most importantly, work or other commitments cannot interfere with any clinical or theory course requirements.
- Central Standard Time (CST) is the time zone the Accelerated Online Option operates.
The Accelerated Option IS:
- Rigorous: Courses are completed at the rate of one credit per week with few days off throughout the year. Students must meet high academic standards.
- Successful: The attrition rate is less than 1%; the NCLEX first-attempt pass rate consistently exceeds the national average. The Accelerated Option graduates are well-prepared and are able to assume the role of a professional nurse.
- Accredited: The Undergraduate Program is fully accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE)
The Accelerated Option IS NOT:
- Self-paced: The entire cohort progresses through the curriculum together. Students must adhere to strict due dates.
- Self-directed: Although the coursework requires a significant amount of independent work, courses are closely guided by the course instructor in a highly structured online class.
- Easy: Coursework is rigorous to best prepare competent new nurses. Students typically spend 8-12 hours on coursework each day.