- Associate degree or diploma in nursing from an accredited college or university
- Admission to UW Oshkosh
- Open to residents of all 50 states
- Current, unencumbered RN licensure in the United States, state of residence
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5
- Completion of general education requirements and pre-nursing coursework
- Students must achieve a letter grade of C or higher in all pre-nursing coursework. C- or lower are not accepted.
Credit for Prior Learning
Credits from the ADN degree are recognized and will be applied toward the BSN degree. Academic advisors discuss how courses transfer and help students develop a customized plan of study.
Associate degree general education credits generally meet the following pre-nursing requirements. Contact our nursing advisor at email@example.com for more information.
- Biology 105 – Biological Concepts
- Sociology 101 – Intro to Sociology (XS)
- Biology 211 – Human Anatomy and Biology 212 Human Physiology
- Communication 111 – Intro to Public Speaking
- Chemistry – 3 credits of college-level chemistry
- Psychology 101 – Intro to Psychology (XS)
- Biology 233 – Microbial Survey
- Psych 391/Nursing 200 – Human Growth and Development (XS)
* Many students have already completed coursework to satisfy Communication, Biology, and Chemistry requirements. Your academic advisor will assist you in identifying approved courses to satisfy any remaining BSN degree requirements.