- Associate degree or diploma from an accredited college or university
- Open to residents of all 50 states
- Current, unencumbered RN licensure
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5
- Completion of general education requirements and pre-nursing coursework
- Students must achieve a letter grade of C or higher in all pre-nursing coursework. C- or lower are not accepted.
Credit for Prior Learning
Students who earned an ADN through a Wisconsin Technical College School (WTCS) after May 1996 are eligible to receive up to 30 credits of 100-level general education credits, up to 30 credits of 200-level general education credits, and up to 30 credits of nursing coursework. Students graduating from WTCS prior to 1996 (as well as students who earned their ADN or Diploma outside the WTCS) will have their academic record evaluated on an individual basis. During a student’s initial transfer appointment, an academic adviser will discuss how courses transfer and help to identify remaining requirements.
Associate degree general education credits generally meet the following pre-nursing requirements. Contact our nursing advisor at email@example.com for more information.
- Biology 105 – Biological Concepts
- Sociology 101 – Intro to Sociology (XS)
- Biology 211 – Human Anatomy and Biology 212 Human Physiology
- Communication 111 – Intro to Public Speaking
- Chemistry 101 – Intro to Chemistry and Chem 102 Intro to Biochemistry *
- Psychology 101 – Intro to Psychology (XS)
- Biology 233 – Microbial Survey
- Psych 391/Nursing 200 – Human Growth and Development (XS)
* Students having earned an Associate Degree in Nursing (ADN) in the Fall 2006 or later may be required to take Chemistry and Biology as part of the BSN@Home program. Advisors will guide students to approved, convenient courses that will complete Chemistry/Biology requirements.