MSN to DNP with FNP emphasis
Requirements, Application Process, & Plans of Study
Building on Master’s level nursing knowledge and skills, the University of Wisconsin Oshkosh’s MSN to DNP with FNP emphasis Program prepares graduates for the most advanced level of nursing practice and eligibility to become nationally certified as a Family Nurse Practitioner.
- MSN from an accredited program
- RN licensure
- GPA 3.5
- Core competency MSN learning (see supplementary application for areas)
- Completion of UW System application and supplementary application including portfolio.
- Three professional references. The application from the Office of Graduate Studies requests you to list three references which reflect current knowledge of professional and/or academic skills. Applicant is responsible to forward reference form found in Step 3 to references they have listed on Graduate Studies application form.
Interview: Eligible applicants will be invited via email to participate in an interview consisting of a written and oral portion.
Complete the online application and pay the $56 application fee at http://apply.wisconsin.edu. The application is a UW System form and is sent electronically to UW Oshkosh Graduate Studies.
Submit official transcripts from your MSN program to Office of Graduate Studies. Transcripts must come directly from your MSN school to the Graduate Studies office; transcripts submitted by the applicant are not considered official:
Office of Graduate Studies
Dempsey Hall 345
800 Algoma Blvd
Oshkosh, WI 54901
Submit Items 1. and 2. below directly to the College of Nursing Graduate Program Office. Reference form(s) are to be sent directly from the reference to the College of Nursing Graduate Program Office either by email email@example.com or mailing to the address listed at the bottom of the form. 1. Background Information Disclosure Form (BID) – Print and complete this form. 2. Supplementary application MSN to DNP with FNP emphasis Print and complete the appropriate UW Oshkosh College of Nursing supplementary application and submit the requested materials to the address below: University of Wisconsin Oshkosh College of Nursing Graduate Program — DNP 800 Algoma Blvd Oshkosh, WI 54901 3. DNP Reference Letter Form – Applicant is to complete top portion of this form and forward to references listed on the Graduate Studies application form. Reference forms are to be returned directly from the reference to the Graduate Program Office.
Once all application materials (including all letters of reference) have been received and reviewed, eligible applicants will be invited via email to participate in an interview.
Plans of Study
Plans of study for the MSN to DNP with FNP emphasis will be determined based on the applicant’s qualifications.
Qualifications to consider are:
- 3 P’s; Advanced Health Assessment (physical assessment), Pathophysiology, and Pharmacology that include content across the lifespan.
- Clinical Hours
- APRN Competencies
APRNs who are currently certified and active in clinical practice will be reviewed on an individual basis.
Plans of study: